Chapter thirty-one

"JILL!" Heather screams across the airport.

I look ahead to see her jumping and waving her hands around with her baby blue suitcase by her side.

I smile and head towards her. She was wearing an oversized white sweater with some tight black leather pants.

How she managed to find the perfect outfit for every situation, I had no clue as I was wearing a grey hoodie and black leggings and my hair hadn't even been brushed out yet.

I was not looking forward to this four hour flight which was taking place at 11:00 pm. Granted the tickets were super cheap but still.

When I finally approach her she pulls me into a big hug. "I can't believe we're actually doing this." She says with excitement.

She pulls away and I study her. "I can't believe how good you look while at the airport in the middle of the night." I run my fingers through a piece of her hair. "Did you even curl your hair?"

She smiles. "I sure did. You never know who you might meet at the airport and I'm feeling love vibes."

I bite down on my lip, trying to refrain from laughing.

"I'm being serious Jill. I might meet the love of my life here."

"Oh yeah, about that-" Before I could finish my warning the guys walk through the doors.

"Heather!" Kai screams with open arms.

Heathers eyes leave mine and move towards the guys.

"Please tell me they dropped you off and came in to say goodbye." She begs.

I open my mouth to speak but Heather interrupts.

"And please tell me the suitcases each of them are carrying in are all yours."

"I am so-"

"I am so glad we could all make it." Kai interrupts once he finally approaches us.

"So you three must be traveling somewhere else then right?" Heather asks.

Carson and Roman stay quiet but Kai speaks. "We're all going to Miami baby."

"Lovely." Heather says in a disappointed tone.

Now boarding for flight 108.

"Just lovely."

***

"Listen I know you're mad but-"

"Mad is a little bit of an understatement, I'm furious." Heather interrupts.

We had all found our seats on the plane. Heather and I were seated next to each other while the guys upgraded to first class.

"And you have every right to be."

"I mean how could you not tell me they were coming until literally the last minute?" She questions. "You didn't even tell me they just showed up. At the airport!"

"I was trying to tell you but anytime we talked about the trip you just kept rambling on about how excited you were and how much you needed this and I didn't have the heart to ruin your mood." I reply.

"Well it's definitely ruined now." She mumbles. She waves at a flight attendant. "Could I please get a shot?"

"Of?" The flight attendant asks.

"Of anything." Heather replies quickly while pulling out her fake ID. The attendant nods and walks off.

"You're not gonna be mad forever are you?" I ask.