108: The Second World

Lin Sanjiu could still clearly remember the first day of Hyperthermal Hell.

She could still remember the sticky sensation between her fingers when her hands were covered in her ex-boyfriend's blood and how she couldn't wash away the bloodstain under her nails no matter how hard she tried. She remembered the heat wave that lunged at her when she stepped into the car garage. She could remember how her heart raced when she first saw a duoluozhong. It was as clear to her as yesterday.

"14 months passed so quickly." She knew she was dreaming, yet she was still lucid, so she couldn't help lamenting.

Everything around her looked so realistic that Lin Sanjiu doubted if she was dreaming. She looked around but couldn't tell how large this place was. The darkness around her seemed to extend forever, with no boundary. The only eye-catching thing in this space was the large white cube near her. It was about her height, and its width could probably fit three to four people. She could see the black words "Hyperthermal Hell" on the upward face.

This was the dice that Luther mentioned.

When Lin Sanjiu stepped forward, she suddenly thought of Luther. 'How are Luther and Marcie now? Twelve should have already taken on his corporeal form. With such a scary person like Twelve beside them, will they still have peaceful days ahead?'

Thinking about her old companions, she couldn't help but think about her new companions. 'Have B. Rabbit and the others received their visas? If so, to which world would they go next?'

In these 14 months, Lin Sanjiu met many people, companions, enemies, and acquaintances. Yet, in the end, she didn't expect to continue alone.

Knowing she would wake up from her dream alone in an apocalyptic world, she sighed softly. For a split second, she suddenly felt a lingering attachment toward Hyperthermal Hell.

"Alright, I have to go," Lin Sanjiu said as if to encourage herself, as she rubbed her hands and walked forward.

The large dice before her suddenly started vibrating as if it were alive. Shortly after, it shot to the sky as if tossed by an invisible hand. It grew smaller and smaller in the darkness, rotating as it disappeared upward.

Even though she knew the dice would not fall on her, she couldn't help stepping backward. She looked upward as the white dice spun. Now and then, she could see a line of words appearing. The dice gradually appeared larger and larger until they landed on the ground soundlessly.

She rushed forward and looked at the words facing her, her heart pounding.

The next world was simply named "Garden of Eden."

Lin Sanjiu was a little taken aback. That name didn't seem suitable for an apocalyptic world. With names like Hyperthermal Hell, Whiteout Blizzard, and Black Death City, she could imagine what sort of world they were. However, the Garden of Eden...

Just as she was puzzled, she felt a sudden exhaustion from deep within her consciousness. It quickly enveloped her mind, and she suddenly felt she could no longer open her eyes. She thought she hadn't slept for many days, so she didn't even have a chance to resist. Darkness quickly crept into her consciousness.

Lin Sanjiu did not know how long she slept. Before she could open her eyes, Lin Sanjiu first noticed the refreshing breeze brushing across her exposed skin. The breeze was gentle and did not carry even a grain of sand. It was cooling, and she even felt a little cold compared to where she once was.

She had left Hyperthermal Hell. Her body sent this information to her brain before she was even fully awake. She felt as if her entire body was soaked in cold water. How long has it been since the temperature around her was a normal 20-odd degrees? She couldn't imagine that the temperature could feel this cooling.