05 - Back Home.

The entire palace looked gloomy and dark. On the way from the airport, Taehyung saw countless signs of sadness, as the people morn their beloved kings death.

Taehyung was greeted by his brother-in-law as his own brother was busy with funeral arrangements and state affairs and whatnot. And his mother was praying in solitude, honouring his father's memory, as it was the tradition.

But his mother would do that anyway. His father was the love of her life, Taehyung can't imagine how it must feel to loose half of your life. He never had someone like that, someone to call the other half of his life.

Taehyung first went to where his father's body was. Jin left Taehyung there to have some alone time with his father and Taehyung was grateful  for Jin's understanding, once again. He paid his respects and stayed there for a while. The last time he saw his father was not a happy moment.

They fought over Taehyung's decision to go to a university in London. The king told Taehyung that he will remove the boy from the family if he dared to disobey him and Taehyung downright told him to fuck himself.

Taehyung moved to England the very next day and hasn't been back home ever since. He later got to know that Namjoon has convinced his father with great difficulty, to let him study there.

He hadn't seen anyone from his family for the past 6 years except for that one time Namjoon came for his art exhibition. Taehyung knew the pressure he was putting on Namjoon by running away from his responsibilities as the elder then had to shoulder them all alone.

But when they met that one time, Namjoon assured him that it was ok and that Taehyung was free to pursue his dreams, while he can anyway. They hadn't even spoken in phone because Taehyung needed to be completely cutout from his family for his own protection in a foreign land.

Taehyung didn't even notice when he started to cry but the dampness in his cheeks alerted him about his tears. He silently cried, apologising to his father for being a terrible son and causing him pain.

_____________________________________

Half of the crown prince's guard has been standing outside the chamber that was being used as the funeral hall. Prince Taehyung has been inside there for hours now and Jungkook wondered whether he has fallen asleep there. Prince Taehyung didn't close his eyes for a minute in the flight and the time difference and jetlag can't be easy to handle.

He was deep in thoughts when he saw a certain blonde man coming his way.

"Hey Jimin." Hoseok greeted the man.

"Hi Hobi, you're on duty?" Jimin asked as he gave a hug to the captain.

"Yeah." Hoseok replied.

Jimin gave a nod to him and turned towards Jungkook.

"Aren't you gonna give a hug to your hyung, Kook?" Jimin asked teasingly and pulled the younger in to a hug.

"Hyung!! I'm on duty." Jungkook said with a huff but returned the hug nevertheless.

"Well so was Hobi Hyung, but you didn't see him being a stiff right?" Jimin said again and Jungkook rolled his eyes at him.

"I've been telling him that Jimin, but he doesn't listen." Hoseok chipped in, making Jungkook groan.

"Relax Kook, and listen to Hobi hyung. Ok?" Jimin raised a hand to ruffle Jungkook's hair and that was the scene Taehyung saw when he opened the door and came out.

Jimin slowly pulled his hand down and took a step back from Jungkook. He had a unreadable expression on his face as he stared at the prince.

Prince Taehyung also looked at Jimin with the same intense stare before they both broke in to a small smile.

"Oh Tae!" Jimin quickly walked toward Taehyung and hugged him tightly, making Jungkook's eyes to widened in suprise.

Taehyung buried his head in Jimin's shoulder as the later silently comforted him.

"You ok?" Jimin asked as he pulled away from the hug and Taehyung gave a nod at that.

"Did you just came? Did you eat something?" Jimin fussed again and Taehyung gave a small laugh.

"Stop treating me like a baby Jimin." Taehyung said as he pushed his best friend little back.

"You used to love it when I treat you like a baby." Jimin said with a pout.

"Yeah well, people change, I guess." Taehyung said in a gentle voice and Jimin raised his eyebrows at that.

"Hmm, it would seem so. Did you atleast eat?" Jimin asked aging in a stubborn tone and Taehyung shook his head at that.

"Come on!!" Jimin looped his arm through Taehyung's arm and dragged him. Hoseok and the others started to follow and Taehyung looked back at the sound.

"No need for all of you to follow me. Hoseok come. Others can go." The prince ordered and the rest of the guard stopped after a nod from their captain.

"Bye Kook!!" Jimin yelled with his head thrown back and Jungkook groaned again.

He considered Jimin as his own brother, they met through Hoseok when Jungkook started his training and quickly became good friends. They just clicked immediately and has been best friends ever since.

But Jungkook couldn't understand how his almost brother can be so friendly with an asshole like prince Taehyung. 'There must more to the man than that meets the eye.' Jungkook thought to himself as he went to have some food too.

Taehyung was suprised. He didn't knew Jimin and Jungkook were friends but that's not a suprise when he hasn't been here for the past 6 years. Things can change a lot in 6 years. He himself did.

The 3 of them talked as the ate, Taehyung tried to catch up with what happened in past 6 years. Jimin and Hoseok filled almost all the blanks.

Taehyung got to know that his father has been sick for sometime now and his brother is the one that has been looking after the country's affairs. He regrets the difficulties that his brother might have been on as it was partially his fault.

He felt sad for not having contact with his family but that was a necessary step to ensure his safety. It was either that or walk around the campus with a pack of bodyguards.

_____________________________________

A/N - sorry, this chapter seemed bit boring. It was more for Jimin's character introduction and had to put it somewhere. Let's get the boring stuff out before the fun begins. Hope you guys liked it though. 😍