10 - A Prince To The Rescue.

Hoseok was with the crown prince next morning when he got a call from Jinyoung, one of his men.

"Yes....what??....ok. I'll handle it. Keep quite about it.... Bye." Hoseok kept he phone and looked at the crown prince.

Taehyung, by the tone the captain used, figured that something was wrong. When he looked up and met Hoseok's eyes, it was confirmed.

"Is something wrong, Hoseok?" Taehyung asked in a even tone, as he put down the documents he was checking.

Hoseok was torn between two minds. On one hand, it's very wrong of him to telltale. On the other hand, Hoseok had a gut feeling that he'll get in real trouble if he hid this from the crown prince.

He thought for few seconds and decided to go with his gut feeling.

"It's Jungkook, your highness." Hoseok replied cautiously.

Taehyung eyes flashed in instant alert.

"What about him?" Taehyung asked urgently. "Answer me!!" He demanded when Hoseok hesitated to answer.

"The king has sent for him, your highness. They were told to take him to the disciplinary committee in king's presence."

"For the fight?!!"

"It would seem so."

"Shit!!" Taehyung immediately ran to the door and Hoseok followed closely

It seemed that Taehyung made a mistake. There is one person that can disregard his command. The king.

They slowed down as reached the court room and stopped for a second to calm their breath. Then Taehyung gestured Hoseok to open the door and walked in.

_____________________________________

Jungkook was asked to work in the armoury when he reported to work the next day. Hoseok was angry with him and didn't offer any explanation, just gave the order.

Jungkook knew he screwed up big time, again, and couldn't do anything but accept his fate. Armoury work was very boring. Keeping an inventory and monitoring the movements of weapons was a task delegated to the royal guard.

Everyone take turns to do it but from what Hoseok said, Jungkook will be doing it from now on. It is his punishment and also a safety measure   taken by the captain to ensure that the crown prince wouldn't be seeing Jungkook accidentally.

Although Jungkook groaned in his mind when he heard this, he couldn't help but realise the he had, again, escaped a worse punishment. A punishment that he thought he will surely get this time.

Jungkook was checking the logs when two members of the kings guard came in to the armoury. He got up to greet them but something about their faces told him this is not a happy event.

"Jeon Jungkook." One of the guards called his name. "You are hereby summoned to the disciplinary committee in king's presence, immediately."

It would be a lie if you say Jungkook wasn't afraid. He knew he has done something terribly wrong and deserved punishment. He was disappointed in himself and now it would seem that the king, whom Jungkook admire the most, will be disappointed in him too.

With a dreaded heart, he followed the two guards.

When they went inside the court room, Jungkook realised that they had only the basic required members for his trial. Commander Yoongi was the one who was conducting the trial and only the relevant ministers and few other guards were present. He was grateful for that.

Jungkook fell in to one knee in front of the king and waited for it to start.

Yoongi laid out the incident and asked his opinion. Jungkook dutifully agreed to all charges and told them he will gladly except any and every punishment they demand.

"I didn't think I'll see you in a position like this, Jungkook." The king said in a regretful tone once the official procedure was finished.

"Neither did I, your majesty. I'm extremely sorry for tarnishing the faith you had on me." Jungkook said emotionally, as he was close to tears.

"Why would-"

The kings words were cut from the sound of the court room door opening. The king looked up in annoyance at the disturbance but it soon changed when he saw his brother.

Jungkook was facing his back to the door so didn't see who entered and he anyway kept his head down in shame and didn't bother checking.

Jungkook only lifted his head a little when he heard a pair of foot steps walking towards the king and another set stopped near he was standing and fell to their knees.

Jungkook turned his head slightly, only to see his captain, Hoseok, kneeling there with a stony face. He raised his head up a little more to look at the king and saw the crown prince bending his head towards the king.

Taehyung saw Jungkook on his knee and felt a strange tag at his heart. He couldn't believe he forgot about the fact that it was the king who has the power to issue punishments for the royal guard. He walked towards his brother without stopping or looking at anyone else.

When he reached the king, Taehyung bent down and whispered in to the kings ear. "Please leave him alone brother, he's mine."

If Namjoon was suprised to see his brother walking in with such a series face, He was shocked at what his brother whispered even more.

He looked at Taehyung and the crown prince held such an unreadable expression. He will make sure get a proper explanation for this but here is not the place. Namjoon quickly thought of an excuse to let go of the guard and gave a nod to his brother.

Taehyung gave a nod in return and walked out of the room, without looking at anyone else. Hoseok quickly gave a bow to the king and followed him.

Jungkook, and the rest of the people there were looking at this with open mouths. Namjoon gave a glance towards Yoongi, who sort of understood the look and gave a nod, before speaking up.

"The crown prince has requested to leave your punishment in his hands and that he will decide on a suitable one. He is of the opinion that the fight is not something that is related to his guard duty and that it was something.. personal. You are dismissed." King Namjoon said with a note of finality.

Jungkook couldn't believe what happened but got up and gave a bow to the king. He gave another bow to commander Yoongi and the ministers before leaving the court room.

______________________________________

Taehyung was silent on the way back to his office chambers and Hoseok didn't dare disturb him. Hoseok kind of guessed the crown prince's attachment to Jungkook but didn't know it was to this extend. It suprised him very much.

Taehyung stared his work as if there wasn't any disturbance but his heart was racing really fast. The helpless way Jungkook was kneeling kept flashing before his eyes and for the 100th time, he wished for another relationship between them than a prince and a guard.

He was deep in thoughts when a guard outside announced that Jungkook is requesting an audience.

Taehyung looked at Hoseok for few seconds before uttering the words that were exact opposite of what his heart desired.

"Ask him to leave. I don't want to see him."

Hoseok gave a bow and left to relay the message but was stopped at the sound of the prince's voice.

"And Hoseok, don't breath a word about any of this, to anyone."

Hoseok gave a nod in understanding and went out of the room.

Taehyung pushed everything else aside and concentrated on his work for the day.