53 - Power Isn't Everything.

Princess Jisoo came to the palace after two days. She is a really pretty and a well mannered girl. Namjoon and Jin welcomed her along with Taehyung and guided her to the room prepared for her as she was supposed to be here for the next two weeks.

At dinner that night, she was very polite and lively. It seemed that she is knowledgeable in many areas and was able to hold her end in any topic. She's very well matched for the prince indeed. If only he had his heart  available for her. But his heart is fully owned by someone else so there's not even a tiny space for another.

Taehyung conversed with her politely, laughing and smiling at all the correct instances but for the people who really knew him, it wasn't that hard to see that the smile doesn't reach his eyes.

The same suit followed from that day onwards. The prince was supposed do only half of his work and to entertain the princess for the other half of the day. The purpose of it was to let them both know each other. For an outsider, he seemed ok with everything and even happy with the princess's company.

But the truth was, prince Taehyung was hurting. He was so damn suffocating all the time and was in constant pain. He tried to hide it but practically, everyone could see. It might be by the way his hands are always slightly folded in to fists or how he grips the table or the chair tight, as if to prevent him from falling.

It is evident in the way how fake his laugh sounds or how lifeless his eyes are. Just a few days ago, they were shining so brightly, so full of promise and love. The prince is suffering and everyone who loves him feels terrible that they can't do anything.

If it was hard to watch for the prince's family and friends, it was hundred times difficult for Jungkook to watch. Jungkook sees everything, even the little things that might have been missed by others.

He knows very well how much of pain is hidden in those eyes because it's exactly the same for him too. He feels like crying for every single second that he's awake but even sleep isn't being kind to him.

Jungkook was so used to sleeping encaged in his lover's protective arms that he couldn't seem to fall asleep without them now. There are dark circles that are starting to appear under his eyes that seemed to be enhancing his haunted look.

Despite the prince's previous warning about never forgiving him, Jungkook knows that all he has to do is to apologise and the prince will take him back with open arms. One apology and he can have his love, his life back.

And Jungkook wanted to do that so damn much.

But everytime he sees how pretty and kindhearted the princess Jisoo is and when he hears everyone saying how educated and talented she is, Jungkook settles his restless heart and let's the things go their way. He will not be the one to stand in the way of his lover's success.

He's happy for Taehyung, even if a part of his own soul seemed to be dying each and every day. They will eventually get over eachother right?

_____________________________________

Jungkook was looking at the prince and princess as they were taking a walk in the garden. It was one of the favourite things that the princess liked to do it seems. The guards are always standing bit far to give them bit of privacy.

Jungkook looked to the side when he sensed a presence. The captain was looking at him with a comforting gaze.

"Kook, do you want me to talk to the prince and get you off guard duty?" Hoseok asked with a soft voice.

Jungkook didn't say anything at first and just gave a sad smile. When the captain decided to leave only he spoke up.

"He looks like he's in so much pain, doesn't he hyung?" Jungkook asked in a soft voice.

Hoseok felt his heart breaking at the sad tone of the younger guard.

"He's in so much pain, so why should I be spared of it?  I'm the one who's causing this. I'm the one making him suffer like this. The least I can do is to suffer more."

Jungkook was still looking at the prince when he was talking.

"He needs me here. He needs me here so he can find the courage to go through this difficult phase. And I hope when he see me suffer too, he can feel atleast a fraction better. I'll do whatever it takes. I'll be with him and help him till his heart no longer ache for me or because of me."

Hoseok shock his head at them both, and at this impossible situation.

"I'll give whatever he wants." Jungkook's voice broke only at the very end.

"You say you'll give him whatever he wants Kook. But as far as I know, he only wants one thing from you and you're not giving him that. You're making both of you go through this hell for absolutely nothing, I hope you know that." Hoseok said in a soft voice and Jungkook looked at him in surprise.

"What do you mean for nothing, hyung? Don't you realize how much he can gain from this marriage? How much power-"

"Power isn't everything, Kook. What's the use of power and wealth when you are miserable in life?!" Hoseok said little sternly, as he was getting tired of seeing this.

"Both of you are stubborn and stupid. I just hope you two can fix it before it's too late."

With that, Hoseok walked back, leaving the younger with his thoughts. Jungkook thought for a seconds about what the captain said but his doubts subbed when he looked at the princess.

The princess was a much better choice for prince Taehyung than Jungkook will ever be. So much better choice.

Taehyung always notices the way Jungkook looks at him. A part of him, the part that is angry with Jungkook for pushing him away wants to keeps him close and let him suffer. If he feels like dying everyday why shouldn't Jungkook feels the same.

But another part, a much bigger part, wants to let Jungkook go as Taehyung can't bare to see the pain in those starry eyes. Once he promised to God that he will not let anyone hurt the younger, not even Jungkook himself.

The worst thing about this entire situation for Taehyung is his inability to keep that promise. That's what hurts him the most.

But Taehyung can't help it. He is sure he will die if he doesn't see his love anymore. So they are both continuing to hurt each other, and be in pain by watching each other's pain the most.

Both Jimin and Jin has asked from the king to release Jungkook from the royal guard as they couldn't stand watch both the lovers suffering like this. It would be better for Jungkook to not see the man he loved with someone else.

And if this marriage is going to happen anyway, it would be better for Taehyung to atleast try to get over his boyfriend sooner. Otherwise all 3 of them will be in a big mess and frankly, the princess doesn't deserve something like that.

But Namjoon is powerless to do anything as he is bound by a promise he made some time ago. A promise that makes him incapable of taking any decisions regarding Jungkook. Everything that happens to the younger guard within the palace, is decided only by the prince himself.

So they all wait, hoping and praying for a miracle to get these two stupid idiots to realize how much of big mistake they are making.

And miracles happens in the least expected ways.

His Royal Guard - Taekook Love Story जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें