37 - Let Me Do My Job.

Next day morning, it was back to work for everyone. They all meet to discuss the plan to see the caves. Commander Yoongi wanted it to be closed off as soon as possible since it's a huge threat to the national security.

A troope of soldiers were supposed to go first and assess the situation and report back.

"So let's just see how the situation there first. And Jungkook, I need you to show them the way." Yoongi said and Jungkook gave a confident nod at that.

"Yes, commander." Jungkook replied with a slight bow.

"What?! Why is he going?" Taehyung suddenly spoke up and everyone turned to look at him.

"He's the one who knows where the entrance from the caves are, Taehyung. He will have to go to show it." Namjoon said in a soft voice as he knows this in a sensitive subject for his brother.

"Well, it might be dangerous. He's not going." Taehyung said in a angry voice and Jungkook sent him a pleading look.

"Taehyung be reasonable here. There's a whole troop going. He will be ok." Namjoon's voice held a little power this time.

"Reasonable!? Who are you sending? That people doesn't know who he is even. But ok, I can be reasonable. He will not be going alone then." Taehyung said in a stubborn voice and it took few seconds for everyone to realize that the prince wishes to accompany the scout team.

"Absolutely not. I can't let you go for something small like this. You are the crown prince of the country!!" Namjoon got up from his seat glared at his brother.

"Hyung-"

"Enough Prince!! You are not going anywhere, and that's final." Namjoon thundered and everyone shifted on their feet uncomfortably.

They have never seen the king use his authority over the prince as he normally let's Taehyung do whatever he wants. Two brothers glared at eachother.

Jungkook shifted a little closer and looked at the prince, his eyes were emotionless.

"Uhh... can I speak with you for a second, your highness?" Jungkook said in a quiet voice and at first, Taehyung didn't even look at him.

"Please.." Jungkook voice kind of shook at the end and Taehyung gave a sigh at that. He can never take it when Jungkook pleaded with him.

Taehyung groaned and left the room and Jungkook followed him after bowing respectfully to the king.

Taehyung strode back to his room and Jungkook followed him silently. The storm broke out only when they were inside the room with the door closed.

"What the fuck was that? What's wrong with you?" Jungkook snapped at the prince and Taehyung turned to look at the guard.

"What's wrong with me??" Taehyung snapped back.

"Fucking let me do my job, Taehyung!!"

"So do your job! But I'm not gonna let you do something dangerous alone. Take Hoseok and others then. I'll tell them to go with you."

"Hoseok is the captain of the crown prince's guard. His duty is to protect the crown prince, not the prince's boyfriend! Taehyung, you're being ridiculous now."

"Well, I don't care. I'm not letting you go unprotected."

"I'm a guard here. Not the other way around. Taehyung, please be reasonable. It's not gonna be dangerous and even if it is, I'm more than capable of handling it. You know I am."

Jungkook takes a different approach and tries to talk with the prince. It's not gonna help if both of them are fuming with anger.

"Can you imagine how I felt when you were fighting with the king because of me? He maybe your brother but for me, he's the king. He gave a fair order and I want to follow it. Please don't make me feel like this Tae." Jungkook pleaded again and Taehyung lost the fire in his heart.

"Well why don't you imagine how you would feel is the situation was reversed? If it was me who was going somewhere dangerous without you." Taehyung said in a soft voice and Jungkook stiffened immediately as the thought flashed through his mind.

Jungkook walked towards the prince and wrapped him in to a back hug.

"I can't. And luckily, I won't have to. I'm your guard, your highness. You will not be going anywhere without me." Jungkook mused in a soft voice as he rested his head on the prince's shoulder.

"And you're denying me the same chance." Taehyung whispered back and Jungkook could feel the vulnerability in that voice.

There wasn't anything else to say. Both knew what was happening and why it was happening but that's how life is. No matter what they do behind closed doors, it won't change the fact that one of them is a mere guard and the other is the crown prince of the country.

Jungkook leaves after few minutes as they need to discuss the details of the mission. Taehyung doesn't return to the meeting. Hoseok comes back as soon as Jungkook leaves but the prince doesn't speak with him at all.

He stays in his room till the evening and Hoseok is becoming really uncomfortable with each minutes.
When the prince finally speaks, it was to get Hoseok to contact the leader of the team that was going on the mission.

The captain of the squad hurriedly comes to meet the crown prince and bows down respectfully.

"Your highness."

"The mission you are going tomorrow, you know that there is a member of the prince's guard going with you right?"

"Yes, your highness."

"I'm not gonna beat around the bush and I want you to listen to me very carefully."

"Of course your highness. I'll follow your command with my life."

"Good. Cause you life will depend on that. I want to the protect that guard with your life."

"Y-your highness?"

"If anything happens to him, a single scratch, and I'll kill you myself. Is that understood??!!"

"Y-yes your highness."

"Ok you can go."

The leader gets out of the room after a deep bow to the prince and Hoseok follows him out side.

"Seong-ho, I don't have to tell you to not talk about this with anyone right? Not even your own team."

"Yes captain Hoseok. I'll not breath about this to anyone." The leader answered with a shaky voice.

"Very well, you can go then."

The leader gives a slight bow to the captain and leaves. The only thing on Hoseok's mind as he entered the prince's room again was a prayer, for everything to go smoothly tomorrow.

He didn't want to imagine the consequences of the alternate.