19 - He's Not Ready Yet.

The palace is having a party for to celebrate the birthday of their beloved queen, Jin. The queen is loved by everyone in the country so the palace is filled with presents that were sent by people.

Not only the ministers and other high society people, the commoners has also sent gifts. Farmers had sent the best from what they grow, women have sent the beautiful cloths and other accessories they made, little kids have sent handmade cards and many more. Jin absolutely adores the love he gets the people.

The King has asked Taehyung to prepare the party and it turned out to be a blast. Everyone was enjoying the food and music. Taehyung had asked his guards to enjoy the party too so there was only Hoseok and one other guard with him. Others were off duty.

Namjoon and Jin were enjoying themselves too. Yoongi always had them well protected so they are used to relaxing.

Taehyung was looking at the dance floor when a certain girl came in to his view. There wasn't anything special about the girl except for the fact that he saw her few times in the party already. It was a large crowd so the chances of seeing the same person, over and over was quite slim.

Taehyung moved towards the dining area and after about few seconds, the same girl was in his line of sight again. Taehyung is used to people, male and female alike, gawking at him but he thought he should check it out, just in case.

Taehyung locked eyes with Hoseok and the captain was at his side in a second.

"Your Highness?"

"Do you see the girl in that green dress?" Taehyung asked and Hoseok gave a nod after a quick, discreet glance. "Well, I saw her about 10 times at the party today. It seemed like she's following me."

"I'll check it out right away, your highness" Hoseok said quickly.

"Don't hurt her or anything, ok. Might be something innocent. Just get someone to check it out. You know, casually."

Hoseok moved a bit away and Taehyung saw him calling someone. After about 2 minutes, Jungkook, dressed in a white shirt and a black pant, walked it to the scene.

"Shit!!" Taehyung let out an involuntary gasp.

Jungkook was looking so hot that Taehyung found it difficult to restrain himself. Not to mention the looks the younger guard was getting from the people around him.

Taehyung made a mental note to scold Hoseok for letting Jungkook enter the party like that. He doesn't care that it was not the captain's fault.

Taehyung watched in surprise as Jungkook made his way to the mystery girl. He gave her the most beautiful smile that Taehyung has ever seen on Jungkook's face. Even from far, it wasn't that hard to see that Jungkook was flirting with her.

After talking for few minutes, Jungkook held her hand and gently guided her on to the dance floor. He pulled her quite close to him and started to dance, with chatting and laughing with her every two seconds.

Taehyung felt a presence near him and glanced side ways to look at the captain, standing there with an uneasy look.

"M-my apologies, your highness. I didn't think that through, he was the closest one." Hoseok said in a troubled voice.

Taehyung tried to mask his annoyed look but he must have not been successful as the captain looked down in dismay. He felt his annoyance rise as Jungkook gently put a strand of hair behind the girl's ear, brushing against her cheek slightly.

Taehyung actually thought Jungkook as a person who doesn't know about flirting as he never recognized when Taehyung tried to flirt with him. But it looked like he was wrong, the young guard is very well familiar in the gestures of flirting.