59 - You Need A Ring To Propose.

King Namjoon had gathered his advisers and top ministers to make the decision regarding prince Taehyung's title. Namjoon would like nothing more than to just handover the crown back to his brother but since Taehyung had stepped down publicly, he has to follow the proper method.

No one in the entire country would try to deny the prince his crown but Namjoon wants to do thing officially to prevent any issues in future. As king Hyunbin said he won't get involved in this, the situation got much simplified and the decision is entirely up to Namjoon.

So they all gathered in king Namjoon's  court room with prince Taehyung. Jungkook was standing two steps behind the prince but Hoseok and the rest of the guards were standing at a side.

Namjoon looked at his brother and gave a smile before addressing him.

"Taehyung, we are gathered here to make a decision about whether to accept your concerns to step down as the crown prince. Is that correct?"

"Yes, your majesty."

"Taehyung, do you remember the oath you gave when you were crowned?"

"I do, your majesty."

"Recite it for me, please."

Taehyung dutifully recited the oath, making Namjoon smile at him proudly.

"Now does it say anywhere that you have to use your life in a personal capacity for foreign alliances?"

Taehyung held back a smile as he realized what Namjoon is doing. "No, your majesty, it does not."

"And did I, the king of this nation, asked you to use your marriage as a method to form an alliance with a foreign nation?"

"No, your majesty, you didn't ask me anything of the sort."

"Then why would you say you failed the duties of the crown prince? You have served and governed this country to the best of your ability and the nation and it's people are very much in awe of you. I don't think you have a basis for giving up your title."

Namjoon then addressed the council of ministers and advisers.

"King Hyunbin personally assured me that he believed my brother is the best person for this. He's very much upset that the prince were led to a situation that he assumed that he should give up his blood right."

"So I'm asking this council's opinion, is there anyone who thinks prince Taehyung should be removed from the crown prince's position?"

There was a silence after the king's question. Namjoon gave it about a minute for anyone to speak but no one did. Namjoon supressed a smile and continued speaking.

"Very well then, Taehyung, I'm afraid I'm unable to accept your decision to give up your throne. Do you have an objection for this?"

"No, your majesty." Taehyung answered in a confident tone.

Namjoon got up from his seat and walked towards the prince. One of the elders followed him, carrying the golden crown resting on a white cushion. Namjoon stood near the prince and picked up the crown.

"May I?" Namjoon asked with a soft voice and Taehyung gave a smile in return and lowered his head a bit and Namjoon placed the crown gently on his brother's head.

First time Taehyung crowned as the prince, he didn't actually liked it. He just accepted that it's his duty as his father's son and Namjoon's brother. His mind accepted the responsibility and the burden but his heart didn't agree.

All morning, Taehyung thought about what it meant to be the crown prince of the nation. He thought about what he did in that capacity and felt a pride in his heart. He looked at his brother and couldn't imagine doing anything other than helping him govern this country.