42 - Enjoy, My Prince. I Got You.

Prince Taehyung was a little tensed as he was to take part in the upcoming UN summit in Namjoon's place. Taehyung knows what he needs to say and what he needs to do but that doesn't make him less nervous.

Although Taehyung had been to several countries for many diplomatic tasks, this is practically the first time the world is going to see his face.

Namjoon was supposed to go but he so inconveniently picked the day three days prior to the summit day, to fall from the stairs and twist his ankle. No permanent damage but he has to keep his leg elevated for atleast a week so Taehyung was given the task.

Prince Taehyung knows the official matters related to the UN summit but he's kind of clueless about the people attending. Courtesy of being away from the palace for 6 years.

There's only so much he could learn after he returned and profiles of the leaders of other countries were not at the top of his priority list. So the entire day yesterday, Namjoon has been giving him the crash course on diplomatic pigheads.

One wrong move and they could be thrown in to a war even. Such are the egos of most of the attendees. Namjoon has given him detail on the known friends and known foes and everyone else is anybody's game. Taehyung needs to trade the waters very carefully.

Luckily, Hoseok attended the last summit held 3 years ago with Namjoon so he's kind of familiar with the setup.

Taehyung had another concern, whether to take Jungkook or not. There are known enemies of the royal line and Taehyung rather if Jungkook doesn't catch their eye but he's reluctant to leave the younger also.

Jungkook gives Taehyung a sense of security and confidence that even an army of soldiers can't bring. Not to mention the fact that Taehyung get somewhat anxious when the younger was not within his eye sight.

Finaly it was decided to take Jungkook but not have him around the prince. He will be part of the backup team incase anything goes wrong. Jungkook of course was totally against the idea until Taehyung said it was either that or he stays home.

Summit went well and even though
Taehyung can't be compared with the intelligence of Namjoon, he delivered his speech as practiced. After the summit, there was a tea party prepared which was actually the dangerous task.

Only one more person was allowed to be with the leaders so only Hoseok was with the prince. Most of the leaders brought their intended successors or children, whom they hoped to teach the ways.

Taehyung talked with their allies and most were concerned about Namjoon. They all had great respect for the young king as he was wise and intelligent beyond his age.

Jin and Namjoon had been sweethearts since teenage years so rarely anyone had tried to flirt with him at these events. But Taehyung looked even more enchanting and handsome than his brother and attracted many people's attention, specially the young plus ones of the leaders.

Hoseok looked amused with the open flirting he saw directed at the prince, as he thought about what would a certain young guard would do regarding them. The prince however, politely discouraged any such attempts.

However, one of the attendees, Bogum, the son of a clear and very powerful ally, was not taking the hints. It seemed like he has taken a strong liking to prince Taehyung and was trying to build a very personal connection.

"Oh come on!! Taehyung. It'll be fun. You are not leaving today right. So let's go have some fun." Bogum said with a mock whine.

Taehyung managed to not roll his eyes with great difficulty. "I'd rather not, prince Bogum. I'm not that in to clubbing."