13 - Another Chance. And One More.

Jungkook was shocked to receive the phone call from Hoseok. After the utter disrespectful way he snapped about the crown prince, he never thought he'd be forgiven. Hoseok very well stressed about the fact that is was the crown prince who told to give Jungkook another chance.

Hoseok didn't offer any explanation as to why the crown prince forgave him, and that's what's been bothering Jungkook so much. It can't just the goodwill of the prince right? That asshole must be having some ulterior motive, maybe he wants to punish Jungkook for how he behaved.

Well, whatever the reason, Jungkook was so damn glad to go back to the palace. He was slowly loosing his mind at home.

When Jungkook returned to the palace, he was put for a desk job at the foreign affairs department. He actually has the qualifications for but he chose to be a guard to make his father proud.

The foreign affairs department was directly under Jimin's father and Jimin himself was a upper level staff there. Jungkook have actually been avoiding Jimin as he kind of felt betrayed when the elder chose the crown prince's side instead of Jungkook's.

He knows Hoseok didn't have a choice as the captain of the prince's guard but with Jimin, both men had a personal relationship. They met few times in the department but didn't acknowledged each other except for the bare minimum official requirement.

______________________________________

The crown prince was supposed to visit another kingdom to sign a peace agreement. The agreement was prepared and discussed by king Namjoon himself and its deemed highly important.

You could say the king of this particular country is a good man. Bit arrogant but with a reasonable head on his shoulder. His son, however, is the definition of a dickhead. The king is now old and has been meaning to step down as the king. And that's why this particular treaty or the agreement is very crucial to be signed as soon as possible.

So king Namjoon has given this responsibility to prince Taehyung as he knows how observing and intuitive the prince is. If you need someone to read the situation properly and make quick and accurate judgements, Taehyung is the best man for the job.

But the day before the crown prince was supposed the departure, the translator who was scheduled to go with them, met with an accident. It created a nightmarish situation for the foreign affairs department.

Jungkook watched as Jimin and Hoseok had a animated discussion and made his way to them. Both Jimin and Hoseok stopped their talk when the younger approached them.

"Ahh.. Hoseok hyung.... about the translator.."

"That's not something-"

"I can be the translator." Jungkook said, cutting Hoseok's sentence.

Both Hoseok an Jimin looked at him in suprise.

"Do you know that language?" Hoseok asked from the younger.

"Yeah, kind of. My room mate at the campus was from there. First we couldn't understand each other at all so we learned each other's languages. I'm fluent in it." Jungkook explained calmly.

"I don't think that's a good idea Jungkook." Jimin said with a sigh.

"But why?! I want to help."

"I'm sure you would be a great help. But I think the prince's peace of mind is more important here. With your aptitude, I don't want you anywhere near him." Jimin said in a controlled tone but Jungkook could feel his hyung's displeasure in it.

"Hyung please-" Jungkook started to speak but Hoseok cut him off.

"You really wanna come?"

"Yes Hobi hyung."

"To help?? Not to sabotage the prince's efforts right?"

Jungkook looked hurt and shocked but Hoseok just shrugged his shoulders.

"What?!! Don't look at me like that!! You said you hate him, how are we to know your motives?" Hoseok said in a tight voice.

"Are you questioning my loyalty, Hoseok hyung?" Jungkook asked with pain in his heart.

"Your loyalty should be to the prince. I think half of the guards heard about your opinion on that." Jimin chimed in.

Jungkook looked down in pain and shame. Yes. He brought this upon him. All because he couldn't keep his damn mouth shut.

"I'm sorry Kook, I can't make the call on this. If your serious about it, go meet the prince. Apologise to him and ask his permission to join the guard unit again." Hoseok said and Jimin looked at him in suprise.

"Hobi what are you-"

"Ok. I'll do it. I'll go meet the prince." Jungkook said in a defeated tone.

Hoseok gave a nod and Jungkook walked off. Jimin tried to stop him but Hoseok shushed him with a look.

"Hobi, what are you trying to do?"

"Trust me Jimin. I know what I'm doing."

______________________________________

Taehyung was at his office and was very suprised when the guard outside his door informed him that Jungkook is requesting for an audience. Taehyung had mixed feelings about Jungkook so he debated with himself for few seconds before granting the younger his request. He just missed Jungkook so much but wasn't sure if his heart could take another blow.

Jungkook walked in cautiously and gave a bow to the prince. When the prince gave him permission, he apologised, explained why he was here and asked for the permission to join the royal guard unit again.

"You want to join as a guard again?"

"Yes your highness."

"Are you sure you can manage to protect me? You seem to really hate me."

'I do hate you, your highness. But don't let that worry your royal head. Rest assured, I will protect you with my life, if it comes to that.' Jungkook thought to himself but didn't say that to the prince.

"I will protect you with my life, your highness. Willingly. Please don't have any doubt on that." Jungkook said as he looked at the prince in the eye.

Jungkook saw an unreadable expression in the prince's eyes and felt as if they were gazing deep in to his soul. Jungkook wanted to look away but couldn't. He was trapped in a trance by the prince's eyes.

After a minute or two, the prince averted his eyes and Jungkook released a breath the he didn't knew he was holding even. The prince looked out from the window while Jungkook waited patiently for his reply.

Taehyung was torn between two minds. On one hand, he wanted to have Jungkook close to him, he has missed the young guard more than he imagined possible.

But on the other hand, he was worried about his fragile heart. One more blow and it'll break in to pieces.

"Ok." Taehyung said in a soft voice and Jungkook snapped his head at that sound.

"Y-your highness?"

"I said ok. You can come back. I'll talk with Hoseok."

"Thank you, your highness."

As the prince gave a dismissive nod, Jungkook bowed and walked off. When he reached the door however, the prince spoke up.

"Don't make me regret it, Jungkook."

For a moment, Jungkook thought he heard vulnerability in the prince's voice. But he dismissed that thought in the next moment. Why would this arrogant prince feel vulnerable?? That must have been a threat to make sure Jungkook behaved properly.