49 - A Chance For You To Walk Away.

Jungkook woke up in the morning and it took him few seconds to realize where he was. He has been living in the palace for so long that his own room at home felt kind of unfamiliar at the first sight.

Jungkook gave a sigh and rubbed his forehead as he remembered what happened. He came home late last night and went straight to bed as he was exhausted. Jungkook was deep in thoughts when the door opened and his mother came in.

"Good morning baby." His mother said in an affectionate tone as she gave him his tea.

"Morning mom." Jungkook replied with a smile.

"So, I made your favourite breakfast. Quickly wash up and come to eat." Mrs. Jeon ruffled her son's hair before getting up to leave the room.

"Mom?"

"Yes baby?"

"Why aren't you asking me anything?" Jungkook looked at the bed when he asked that.

It's not that he wanted to get in to a conversation about what happened but his mother's lack of interest was strange. Last time he was here, his mother and father held a full interrogation.

Mrs. Jeon gave a small smile to her son and sat on the bed.

"Hoseok called your father last night. He told that something upsetting had happened at the palace and it's totally not your fault. He said that the crown prince personally asked him to convey his best regards to us and asked us to look after you as long as you will stay here. And Hoseok said that the crown prince humbly requested us to not ask you anything. And your father agreed. " Mrs Jeon explained softly.

Jungkook didn't know what to feel anymore. The extend of Taehyung's consideration for him was astonishing. He looked up to see his mother looking at him with concerned eyes.

"Now we did agree to not ask you anything. But if you want to talk about anything, I'm here for you. You know that right, baby?" Mrs Jeon asked in a soft voice and Jungkook gave a nod at that.

"Ok then, come to breakfast. You have a surprise."

With a mischievous wink, Jungkook's mother left the room. Jungkook got up and did his morning routine. When he went to down to the dining room, there definitely was a surprise.

"Morning Koo!" Yugyeom greeted him enthusiastically from the table.

"Gyeomie!? What are you doing here?" Jungkook asked in surprise.

"I came to see you of course." Yugyeom answered with a huge smile.

"Gyeomie, I've been home for few hours only. There's no way for you to know-" Jungkook stopped mid sentence as he realized what might have happened.

One look at Yugyeom's nervous face was enough to confirm his suspicions. Taehyung had sent him here.

They had the rest of the breakfast in silence. After the were done, both of them went outside.

"So, why are you really here?" Jungkook asked even though he knew the answer very well.

"Prince Taehyung called me yesterday evening and asked me whether I'll be able to keep you company for few days. And before you fly off your horse here, no, he did not order to do anything. He respectfully asked me, said you might need a friend." Yugyeom said with a soft smile.

Jungkook didn't say anything and Yugyeom didn't ask anything for few minutes either.

"Koo.. he's the one right?" Yugyeom finally broke the silence and Jungkook gave a nod in confirmation.

"Do you wanna talk about it?" Yugyeom asked again in a softer voice and Jungkook shook his head at that.

"Ok." That's all Yugyeom said and they sat in silence for few more minutes.