16 - I'm Really Sorry.

Jungkook was speechless for a few minutes. Other guards left him and returned to their previous works but Hoseok stood there, with a murderous  look in his eyes.

Jungkook couldn't believe how stupid he had been. He has been looking at the crown prince through a coloured glasses, a set of glasses named 'bully". Everything, every single thing that the crown prince has done so far, Jungkook has only seen them with that bully filter.

But once you remove that, it wasn't hard to see and realise the good intentions behind those actions. Jungkook felt really ashamed of the way he behaved. Everyone always said that he was wrong and the crown prince was right and now Jungkook understood that perfectly.

He has been a fucking asshole and he needs to apologise immediately. Jungkook quickly went out of the guard's quarters and made his was to the crown prince's room.

Hoseok looked as the young guard who ran out of the room and a small smile came to his face. Finally, things seemed like getting on to the right track. He just have to hope that Jungkook doesn't make another blunder.

____________________________________

Taehyung was so angry as he shut the door to his room. How can Jungkook be this stupid. He's starting to get annoyed, like really annoyed with the way the young guard was behaving.
Taehyung finally realised the reason for Jungkook's dislike for him, Jungkook thinks him as a bully.

Even in his anger, a small understanding began to form in his mind. That's why the first impressions are important. While Jungkook came across as a hot head but honourable man, Taehyung was perceived as the opposite.

Taehyung was deep in thoughts when he heard a knock on his door.

"Who is it?" Taehyung asked in an annoyed tone as he was not ready to entertain anyone tonight.

"I-it's J-jungkook, your highness. C-can I please h-have a moment.. to s-speak with you?" Jungkook's voice came from behind the door and Taehyung could feel the nervousness oozing from it.

Taehyung debated whether to open the door or not. The young guard certainly deserves a punishment this time but Taehyung's heart began to ache with the way he was talking.

With a sigh, Taehyung opened the door.

"What the fuck you want now!!??" Taehyung asked with as much as anger he could muster.

Jungkook flinched a bit, his lips were shaking and he hunged his head down in shame.

"I.. I c-came to a-apologise, y-your highness. I'm extremely s-sorry for the way I b-behaved. I know I have no excuses for that and you're are absolutely right, I-I'm not fit to be a guard." Jungkook spoke up, looking down at the floor.

"Please accept my humble apology, your highness. I'm sorry for bothering you this night. Have a good night, your highness." Jungkook finally looked up to Taehyung's eyes. His doe eyes and voice both were lazed with regret.

Taehyung felt a tag in his heart at the pitiful state of the young guard. Jungkook was looking at him with such a regretful and ashamed look that Taehyung felt his anger evaporated. He never wanted to see Jungkook like this, whatever the wrongness he's done.

"Come on in." Taehyung said in a soft tone, walking inside the room with the door opened.

Jungkook looked at the prince's retreating figure with shock. He has actually braced himself for more yelling and a list of punishments, all of which he would gladly take. He never except the prince to accept his apology this easily.

With a jolt, Jungkook realized that this is exactly what has always happened between them. He always fucked up and the prince always forgave him, unconditionally. Why didn't he realised this before??

"Close the door."

Jungkook was pulled out of him thoughts by the prince's voice. He walked inside the room and closed the door behind him.

"Did you eat something?" Taehyung asked as he looked at Jungkook over his shoulder.

"I-i'm f-fine, your highness." Jungkook stuttard in suprise.

Taehyung turned and gave him a pointed look with raised eyebrows and Jungkook immediately answered again.

"N-no, your highness, I didn't eat yet."

"Sit." Taehyung said, pointing at the table. Jungkook complied immediately.

Taehyung was busy with putting food infront of Jungkook and the younger guard looked at everything with wide eyes.

"Eat." Taehyung said as he sat on a chair on the opposite side.

"I'm not hungry-"

"Eat!!"

Jungkook immediately picked up a piece of bread and put it in his mouth. He looked at the crown prince, who was looking back with an intense gaze and ate another piece. And another.

Taehyung waited till Jungkook was finished with most of the food on his plate before speaking up.

"Would you like to have some wine? Or something stronger?" Taehyung asked as he got up from his chair and walked towards a little cupboard.

"I-I should get g-going now, y-your highness. I... uh... think I need to find a place to stay." Jungkook stuttard uncomfortably.

"What do you mean?" Taehyung momentarily looked back from looking inside the cupboard.

"I... I don't think I'm allowed in the guard's quarters anymore." Jungkook muttered, his voice filled with shame again.

Taehyung didn't say anything to that but returned with 2 beer cans. He gave one to Jungkook and the young guard took it without any comment. He hummed as the first slip of beer touched his throat and Taehyung just looked at him curiously.

They drank their beers in silence. After a little while, Jungkook felt his eye lids closing. He tried to fight the sleepiness but the combined effect of two sleepless nights and a can of beer was too much for him to handle. He also felt a strange peace in his heart, as if he has put rest to something that has been bothering his for a while.

Taehyung looked in amusement as Jungkook's head fell lower and lower, finally stopping on the table. He could hear an adorable little snore coming from the younger the next minute.

Taehyung got up from his seat and walked towards the guard. He had a little pout on his mouth and Taehyung  struggled with the urge to kiss it away. He debated for few seconds on whether to put Jungkook on the sofa or the bed and finally decided that the sofa is the right choice.

He wanted Jungkook to be fully conscious when he will take him to his bed. Shaking his head to get rid of the indecent thoughts gathering there, Taehyung gently lifted up the younger in bridal style.

He walked towards the sofa, absolutely loving the way Jungkook heartbeat felt against his chest and slowly lowered the guard on to the sofa. He pushed back few strands of hair that has fallen on to the younger's face, fingers lingering on his cheek way more than necessary.

Taehyung looked at the sleeping figure in front of him and felt his heart at peace. He was really restless for the past two night, imagining the hardships that the young guard had to go through.

But tonight, both of them can sleep peacefully.