46 - We Only Want The Guard.

A/N - I apologise in advance for the fight scenes. I'm not good with writing action scenes and this is the best I could come up with.

______________________________________

Hoseok burst in to the room just as Taehyung and Jungkook ran out of the bedroom. Hoseok greeted them with a nod and threw a gun at Jungkook. The guards were allowed to carry guns when they are on duty or special mission but they don't normally have one with them inside the palace, off duty.

"Who are they?" Taehyung asked as all 3 of them ran out of the room.

"Don't know, yet, your highness. But they broke through the west side." Hoseok said with a meaningful look and Taehyung immediately understood the implications.

Makes sense, since the west wing was where the guards quarters are. They were here for Jungkook.

Taehyung forced himself to calm down and think of a plan. He needed two things.

One, he needed to get Jungkook as far as from their reach as possible. The younger guard is an exceptional fighter but that's not gonna matter much in a gun fight.

Two, he felt so enraged that he personally needed to go and kill those bastards. Giving a mere command and waiting in a safe place till it was carried out is not an option at all.

As much as he wanted to keep Jungkook within his sight, he can't do that and fight intruders at the same time. He had to make a decision.

"Are they still in the west wing?" Taehyung asked from Hoseok.

"Yes, your highness. 2 troops of army has been sent by commander Yoongi. I don't think they have broken through yet."

The intruders were in the west side and the kings quarters were in the opposite, closer to the east wing. Taehyung took a deep breath and turned towards the guards.

"Jungkook, Jinyoung, I want you to go to the king's living quarters. You two are join commander Yoongi's men." Taehyung said in a steady voice, but his heart was beating so erratically due to worry.

"No!" Jungkook voice came as a quiet gasp as he looked at the prince in surprise.

Taehyung looked back at his boyfriend and felt his breath hitch at his confused and angry expression. One look at it was all Taehyung needed to know that Jungkook is not gonna leave quietly.

So Taehyung did something that he promised himself that he'll never do. He steadied his voice with a deep breath and looked directly at Jungkook.

"That's a command!" Taehyung said in a stern voice and his heart broke as  betrayal and hurt flashed across Jungkook's face.

He knows it's a unfair blow but that's the only way to make Jungkook obey this command.

"I want you two to protect my brother." Taehyung added with a much softer voice. He didn't want Jungkook to leave with that hurt feeling.

Jungkook's face quickly took a stony look as he gave a small bow and turned to leave. Jinyoung looked at the prince and nod his head at the prince, confirming Taehyung that he understood his part perfectly. Jinyoung is to look after Jungkook.

After they both left, Taehyung looked at the direction few seconds before picking up his phone and dialling a number.

"Yoongi hyung, he's coming to you. Please keep him safe."

Taehyung cut the line and turned to Hoseok. "Ok, let's get this over with."

______________________________________

Yoongi put the phone down and looked at the king. "The prince said he sent Jungkook here."