ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴏɴᴇ

Well, here we are, Freadbears Family Diner. It's great to be here again, all the children screaming and laughing, the smell of cardboard Pizza, even the two horrifying animatronics on stage. I swear they move even when they're turned off. The only reason Im in this dreadful place is that theres is one very important person I just got to see! That person is Mr. Henry Emily. He was a close friend of my mother when they were younger; hes like a dad to me. After my mother passed, I couldn't contact Henry. Not one bit. I don't have all the details on what happened just, he seemed broken after her death. After meeting some people who know him, I'm finally able to see him again.

I walk around, trying to find some staff, avoiding children playing around with each other until I see a very familiar name taped onto a door. Carefully Walking over, the tape clearly states the name, Henry Emily. His 'come in' is muffled as I knock on the door lightly; it opens to reveal Henry. It's like he hasn't aged at all.

"May I help you?"

"Oh...yes! Henry, remember me?" I lean onto his desk, keeping an idiot smile. His face gives away that he has no clue who this crazy person is. "It's me! Y/n. Y'know the one you stopped contacting for some reason?"

His eyes light up and he jumps up and out of his chair, his thin-framed glasses falling off.

"Hey, you!" Henry's arms pull me in for a huge embrace and my arms wrap around him, giggling. "Jeez, it's been so long! How have you been? "

I think of how to answer for a minute, how exactly have I been? "Well, I guess I've been alright. Got out of high school about 4 years ago so I would say things are going... Good?" My voice going up like a question at the end. "How have you been?"

"I've been well! Wow, we have so much to catch up on-"

A knock at the door startles both of us, Turning around, a Tall man stands there, his dark chocolate brown hair messy, his outfit consisting nothing more than a black tie and a white collared shirt with black rectangles on the shoulders, his grayish-blue eyes looking like they haven't closed in months.

"Henry, I would like to talk to you about some ideas for new animatronics." He has a deep rich voice with a hint of a British accent, kind of attractive if he didnt look homeless.

"Oh of course Will. Just give me a few moments and we'll be done here."

He nods, not trying to get into our business, and walks away, getting stopped by a child before getting too far.

"So, who's that? " I turn back around, point with my thumb back towards him.

"Oh, that's just William. Anyways, " He continues without giving me any details "Would you like want a tour?"

"You seem pretty busy right now Henry, but I can come in tomorrow and if youd like, you can give me a tour then." I smile and nod.

"Sure, sounds like a plan and uh-"

A woman's scream makes both of us run outside to see a very angry woman. You know Karen angry? Multiply that by ten. She yells at William and frankly, he seems calm. He even has a little smirk. I look back to see if Henry would go help but he just walks in a rush back to his office. Trying to walk around them, the mom points at me.

"Ma'am! You seem like you work here I need to talk to someone else than this bafoon!" She cries as she stomps over to me. How do I even look like an employee? Because I look sad and tiredMakes sense never mind. "My son was given this pizza for lunch! Do you think I can feed him this crap?" She holds out the piece that already has 3 or 4 bites taken out of it. I take a deep breath. Karen gonna give me crap? Im gonna give Karen crap.

"Ma'am, I'm sure you can just take your son to another place, he already ate some of the pizza. Its not our fault your kid likes the pizza and you do not. Now calm down, sit down, let your kid, eat the damn pizza and shush. If you dont like it, just leave. We dont need your small itty bitty insignificant self dining here if all youre going to do is annoy the other patrons! Good day maam! " Sweetly smiling, I walk towards the door, my eyes closed in confidence. I can't believe I said that. Maybe I should apologize...

My thoughts are interrupted by my face meeting someone else's chest.

"Oh! sorry-" I'm cut off by William.

"Oh no no no, it's my fault I was clearly in the way of the wall. " He steps away and the wall next to the door stands there, the sad beige paint peeling. Well, better running into a human than a wall.

"Oh... Well thank you for being.. my soft wall?" My nervous chuckle gives off obvious 'I don't know what to say get me out of here' vibes. He shoots his hand out in front of him.

"William."

"Y/n," Shaking it. Maybe too long, he continues talking.

"You have some guts to talk to a costumer like that."

"Hey, I don't work here, it's not my problem." I chuckle. A kid walks up to us and tugs on Williams sleeve, followed by the Karen and I take that time to quickly wave at him and leave the restaurant. My mind wonders back to Henry as I walk to my car. Now I have to get back to my ol boring job at the neighborhood store. At least I'll see him tomorrow and hopefully stay a little longer with no Karens and no Williams because if I'm being totally honest, his Aura was a tiny bit... Off?

~~~~~~~~~~~~

The rest of the day consists of me, handling angry customers and checking out others. My best friend Alyssa comes by a few times, buying packs of gum just so she can talk to me. Im surprised I havent gotten annoyed of her constant chewing. That is all she does. The worst part is..she eats more than one piece at a time.

"So, I heard you found out your step dad or whatever works at Freadbears." She hands me money for her 6th pack of gum today.

"Oh well, I've always known he works there, I didn't see him last time I was there so I thought he quit. Which would be weird, yes but not impossible. Anyways, i'm taking a tour of the resturant tomorrow, lets hope it goes alright."

"Why'd you even go? Your twenty two and a half, y/n. Thats creepy." She giggles and grabs the gum from the small table.

"Ummm your birthday last year? You love their pizza so I took you. "

Her face shifts into realization and she scurries off to the exit. Ok! Bye! See you later babes!

~~~~~~~~~~~~

I get home and my dog, Jazzy gets up and runs to me, jumping onto my chest. Calming him down, I skip to my bedroom. I met a very nice guy at my store. He was probably 14 or 15 and asked about getting a job there. I explained that we were overstaffed but he was persistent, saying he really didnt want the job his father offered him. It took a lot of convincing but I showed him how to do a few things. He was too sweet to not help. He gave me his phone number after the shift. I think his name wasMicheal?

Italics~y/n

Bold-Micheal

Hey, it's Micheal from the store.

Hey Mike! It was nice teaching you today, I won't be in for work tomorrow but If youd like, I can train you again on Thursday?

Oh sure, I wouldn't be able to tomorrow anyways, my father wants me to do some work around the house, y'know like help my mother and stuff.

Of course! Well, I'm heading to sleep, I'll text you sometime tomorrow.

Alright. Me too, gn.

Gn.

I lay my phone down and plop down onto my bed, thinking about what tomorrow will bring.

Finnaly! First chapter done! Now I know I introduced a few hundred characters and only Henry, Micheal, Alyssa and William (ofc) will be important. Sorry for making this chapter somewhat confusing 😗✌