ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

The squeak of my window opening makes my eyes shoot open. A dark figure enters and panic starts to settle in. Someone is in my house. Somebody I do not know is inside of my house. I debate if I should get up, thinking of all the possibilities. Maybe if I don't move, they won't realize I'm here and just take what they want and they'll leave, yeah! Just a burglar! Not a deranged murdereror anything.

Shutting my eyes again, I hear large footsteps lead up to my bed. A hand starts to trace circles onto the thigh that lays out of the blanket. The worst thoughts run through my head. Great! A pervert! Something horrible is gonna happen.

My phone notification goes off loudly, making me jump. Great. He definitely knows Im awake now. I hear the person chuckle, feeling hot breath on my ear.

"Calm down bunny, Im not gonna hurt you..badly." The voice almost inaudible whispers, "Now, I just came to check out the place, came to say hi first. I dont want you to get up and call the police so...let's go to sleep."

Before I can do something, anything, a blunt object hits my head and knocks me out almost instantly.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

It all feels like a fever dream. One minute someone broke into my house and the next, I'm lying in bed, my alarm beeping to get up for work. Could it have been a dream? Coffee stands on my nightstand with the note 'I didnt mean to hit you that hard, I apologize. While looking around I made you a cup of coffee.' yup... Not a dream. The coffee is cold which is a good sign. Sipping it, I get up and instantly want to lay back down. Biggest. Headache. Ever.

After finally getting to the bathroom, I see it. A large bruise on my forehead. Great! How am I supposed to explain that? He probably gave me brain damage. While feeding Kopper and Jazz, a text from Micheal surprises me.

'Hey, are you going to be at work today?'

wondering if I am going to be at work myself, I already text him 'yeah I will.'

'Oh, alright.'

Without telling me why, he goes offline. Okay, so this is confusing Y/n day? Alrighty then.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Three hours into working, Micheal pops up from behind me.

"Hey, Y/n,"

"Oh, hey Mike! It's nice to see you." I chuckle and continue to help people checkout.

"Oh heh yeah, I would've been here earlier but- hey, what happened here? " He touches his forehead.

"Oh! I uh- fell off my bed this morning."

He nods and watches me work, only asking a few questions. When you look at him you wouldn't think of him as a sweet kid because of his raggedy hair and his bullyish look but honestly, hes really nice to be around.

After yet, another hour of work, I decide since Micheal helped out and actually cared about what was happening that I could treat him to lunch.

"Hey Mike, want to go to get some food with me?"

He nods, following me out to my car. Before getting even halfway to the car, Micheal's phone rings.

"Hello? Oh, hello..fatherYes..I understand.Wait, what?"

He looks around and locks his eyes in one place, hanging up. I look over to see William striding over to us and my brain connects the dots ohoh, what a small and horrible world it is

"Oh hello there, Y/n, small world isnt it?" He gains his usual creepy smile.

"Hello."

Micheal looks to me, then William. "You two know each other!?" His face is full of pure shock and I can't help but sigh.