⠀( ₀₀₀ )⠀⠀LITTLE KOU

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

▬▬▬▬▬⠀( being a hero was a risky job )

❝彼女が欲しかったのは両親だけだった..

she was their angel, they were her sunshine.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

Kourin wasn't the type to cry in front of people, or cry at all. But these feelings of guilt and loneliness was sometimes too much for the young girl, so whenever she had the urge to cry, she went somewhere she thought no one would find her.

At an abandoned playground.

There she sat, bawling her eyes out and sobbing to herself. She already knew that her parents' deaths were in no way her fault, and that being a hero in itself was a risky job. But that didn't stop her from blaming herself, especially with the current situation she was in. Getting her first quirk should've been a joyous occasion, but no, instead she was beaten. And in running away from them, she'd unlocked her second quirk.

He'd just turned eleven, and he was presumed dead. He was no longer Touya Todoroki, he was just Dabi now. Anger, hate and revenge weighed heavy on his heart and it was all he could think about. Until he heard sobbing from one of the tubes of the playground. His curiosity got the better of him as he quietly made his way towards the sound, and peeking inside the tube he saw a young girl. He would've walked away and pretended like this never happened, if he'd not seen the bruises and cuts on her arms. Just from one look, he could already tell she was being abused.

When she felt someone sit beside her, the brunette immediately recoiled and balled up her fists ready to fight.

"Whoa, easy red."

Kourin furrowed her brows at the nickname he gave her, "red?"

His turquoise coloured hues landed on her face and he found himself mesmerised by her the heterochromatic jewels in her head. Her hair was also pretty peculiar and it certainly grabbed his attention, "your eye, its red and your hair, is it like that naturally? How old are you?"

"My hair is like this naturally, and I'm five. How old are you?" She knew better than to talk to strangers, but with this overwhelming sadness looming over her, she just wanted someone to talk to.

"Eleven."

"You're going to catch a case."

"What?"

"What?" Dabi cleared his throat and inched closer to her, "it'll get better."

Kourin rose an eyebrow and glanced over at him with a look of disbelief, "is that all you have to say?" For a five year old, she was smart, she had to be on the account of her situation.

"I..." He placed a hand atop her head, "I was abused too, so I kn— why're you looking at me like that?" With the puppy eyes she'd given him, he couldn't resist tell her his story, albeit keeping out key names and he tried to keep as vague as possible while trying to uplift her spirits.

"That sounds so... horrible. I wanna punch your dad." She balled up her fists and punched the air, pretending that it was his father.

How cute. He pinched her cheek, the words she'd said resonated in him. How her parents had died a few years ago and the couple that took her in abused her, someone as adorable as her. She was so doll like. That didn't sit right with him. Letting out an angry sigh, he held his hand out.

Confused at his gesture, she opened her mouth to ask him a question, but before a single word left her lips, the dark haired male used his quirk, a small blue flame resting in his palm. "Wow!"

The expression on her face made him forget about the anger and hate that lingered within him, it wasn't just this one time too. Whenever he was with her, he felt at ease, happy even. And that was the start of their friendship, a bond which lasted for three years before the dark haired male stopped hanging out with her, not wanting to lead her down the road he was going.

But he'd keep an eye on her.

Always.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

...しかし、彼らは二度と戻ってこなかった❞

▬▬▬▬▬ 𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄

▬▬▬▬▬ 𝐀𝐔𝐓𝐇𝐎𝐑'𝐒 𝐍𝐎𝐓𝐄

aw, ain't little kou cute? also, if you've
read this before, then you would know
this was not how i originally started this,
i'm tryna do shorter chapters, so that i
can publish more. that's the plan at
least. but yeah, just a preview of kou's
past and how she met dabi. i was going
to add more, but, im lazy gomen. <3