Chapter 22: Earth

5 months since Hope left Earth.

Bucky's POV

I walked into the quiet house, not really knowing what to do anymore.

Hope's been gone for 5 months now, and it's honestly been so lonely. I miss having her make fun of me not showering and spraying me awake in the mornings with febreeze.

This is the first time Hope had left me since I got away from HYDRA. She's been with me from the start. I got used to having her around, helping me, playing around with me, and just being here.

Shuri, Okoye and T'Challa have kept me company though. Even thought they don't have to, they pop by when they can.

I haven't seen Steve and the others in about 2 months. I don't know what they're up to, but I'm sure they'll visit soon... right?

I walked up the stairs and towards my room. But I was stopped when I noticed Hope's door was opened.

I thought I closed it.

I slowly stepped toward the door and peeked in. I let out a breath of relief at the person inside.

"What are you doing in here?" I asked the woman as I walked in.

"Son of a basketball player!" Shuri exclaimed and turned around. "Don't sneak up on me like that!"

"Then don't break into my house." I retorted to the Princess. She glared at me.

"I could have you beheaded for the smart talk." She lifted her chin high. I noticed her arm move behind her. "But I suppose I won't because I actually like you."

"What you got there?" I nodded towards her arm behind her.

Her eyes widened a bit as she froze. "Um..."

I would have crossed my arms... but I only have one so that will probably look weird. So I just put my hand on my hip.

"Shuri." I raised a questioning eyebrow to the kid. She just smiled innocently.

"It's nothing. I promise. Just a little something." She shrugged.

"It's nothing or just a little something? Which one?" I smirked as I walked closer to the girl. She tensed up as I got closer.

"Okay, okay!" She put her hand out and there was a picture frame in her hand. "Jeez! You look menacing when your on a mission!"

I quirked an eyebrow at her choice of words. She laughed sheepishly and handed me the frame.

I stared down at the picture for a moment, remembering the day the picture was taken. Shuri's the one who took the picture.

"Thought about putting it in here for when she gets back, for a gift I guess. But I thought maybe you would like it now. I was about to put it in your room, but you just popped out of thin air. You really need to wear a bell or something."

I smiled at the two of us. My little sister.

"I miss her." I mumbled as I rubbed my thumb on the glass.

"She'll come back soon." I looked up to the Princess of Wakanda. She smiled reassuringly. "She always does, isn't that what you said?"

I nodded and looked back down at the picture.

It's been hard to get through the nights without her. I was so used to having her to go to when I needed comforting.

I don't want to sound clingy though. She has a life and I'm happy about that.