Chapter Thirty-Nine: Deathbringer

"M-Midoriya?! What's going on?" Kanroji asked as the Demon Slayers looked at the arrival of new fighters on the battlefield.

"That guy... is the one... who killed Tanjiro?!" Shinobu angrily asked.

"Calm down! I assume he is our ally now." Giyu said.

"What are you even talking about?! Don't tell me..." Shinobu uttered.

"Even he also has reincarnated to this world?" Iguro said.

"There are too many reasons why I have reincarnated. Stand up, and take the injured away. We'll take over this battle now." Akaza said.

"Huh?! A former demon ordering things around me?! I won't let you allow me to do that!" Sanemi angrily yelled and now gets choked by Akaza.

"Your status as an uncouth pig really annoys me a lot. When will you mature enough if you love someone who is as precious as an angel?" Akaza coldly asked. Sanemi realized what he said and he taps his hand to admit defeat.

"You run away from here, Giyu, everyone! We got this!" Makomo said.

"Makomo... I..." Giyu uttered.

"Nice to see you again, Giyu! But we need to postpone the reunion for now. Let's go!" Makomo said.

"Yeah!" The Demon Slayers responded and ran away from the battlefield. Akaza cracks his fists and forms his usual stance against Kokushibo.

"Why did you chose the wrong path, Akaza? You should've been working with us when you've been resurrected!" Kokushibo said.

"I've realized many things before, Kokushibo. Eating fellow humans, live as a demon, kill Demon Slayers, they're not the keys to fulfill my reason to live in this world. Until I realized there's one way I can make myself useful to others. By surrendering to the Demon Slayers and let them achieve victory over the demons.

And you know what kind of prize I got? Reincarnation, my wife and his father got reincarnated as well, I have my own family now, I've helped people who needed power for justice and peace. And that kid right there, made me realize that I can live as a good person and use this second chance to prove my worth." Akaza said.

"Lies! You're talking many pathetic statements! Living that way is for the weak! No one will acknowledge you due to the people around you and you can't even go stronger because of those people!" Kokushibo yelled.

"Getting stronger doesn't mean you have the will to live longer! It is how wise you are to your choices in life! Now you've chosen the wrong path, I'll make sure you'll rest for good." Akaza said.

"If you can!" Kokushibo roared. He drew another sword from his sheath and now two long swords with eyes on it appeared.

"Moon Breathing, Third Form, Loathsome Moon Chains!" Kokushibo swings his sword rapidly in two crescent slashes towards Akaza, from which a storm of smaller crescents spread and can cause huge destruction in Akaza's position.

"Technique Deployment! Explosive Flurry!" Akaza launched multiple rapid kicks into Kokushibo that produces powerful shockwaves and their attacks caused a huge explosion.

"Not bad." Kokushibo said.

"Leg Style!" Akaza rushed into him and disappeared.

"I know where you'll appear next! Behind!" Kokushibo yelled and slashed his swords behind him but he saw Akaza above him.

'From above?!' Kokushibot thought.

"Crushing Type!" Akaza launched his right fist to Kokushibo and crushed his skull straight to the point and buries him down.