Chapter 5

"Thank you, Savitar. Barry and I appreciate it. Caitlin told us what you did while we were gone. You saved many people that day. If you weren't there, so many lives would have perished." Iris approached Savitar and beamed at him.

Something inside of him stirred. A feeling that has been dormant for a while. I opened my mouth to respond when Barry clapped his hands.

"All the invites are out. Oh and we visited Earth-2 as well and invited Harry and Jesse along the way." He nodded at Wally who gave him a thumbs up.

"What about Gypsy?" asked Cisco.

Barry gasped. "We forgot about her. Oh no, I'm so sorry Cisco."

"What?"

Barry laughed. Clapping a hand on his shoulder. "I'm just messing with you man. Of course, we invited her as well.

"Dude, don't scare me like that." huffed Cisco.

Suddenly Barry walked up to him. "I would also like to thank someone else. If it wasn't for you Savitar, a lot of people would have died, so thank you."

I squirmed a bit as everyone turned their attention to me. They all smiled which was surprising.

I shifted from one foot to another. Getting a bit uneasy at the attention I was getting. I wasn't used to getting attention. Before when I was the god of speed, I had people who followed me, believed that I was a god, and had them shake in fear before me. This was a different kind of attention I was getting.

I finally snapped back to the present to see everyone looking at me, waiting. Oh, they were waiting for me to say something. I thought.

I shrugged. "Yeah well, this better not become a routine."

"Don't worry about it. Next time Barry and I will be here." Said Wally.

"Good to know."

"Oh and Savitar? You can choose to sit anywhere at the wedding. Bride's side or groom's side it doesn't matter." Said Iris.

"Oh, I was just joking when I said that before you know," I said.

"Yeah we know but you're invited to the wedding."

I tilted my head feigning a surprised expression. "Oh really? You don't mind having someone who tried to kill you there at the wedding?"

Her smile faltered. There was silence everywhere you could hear a needle drop.

Joe stepped forward. "Don't you dare talk to my daughter like that, you hear me?" He pointed a finger at him.

"Dad it's okay," Iris reassured him and turned to look at me.

"Savitar, we are trying here okay? You should too. We're doing everything we can to help you adjust. To help you fit in."

I scoffed. "You're doing everything you can? You think I don't notice the whispers, the glances, whenever I walk into a room?" I was on a roll now. "Whenever I step close to anyone, you all would flinch. You all act like I'm a ticking time bomb. Just waiting for me to make a move and screw something up. To step out of line. To be the bad guy again."

Cisco turned in his chair. "Oh please don't be so dramatic. We don't just immediately forget the horrible things you did to us. You should be grateful that we let you live even. After everything you did."

"Cisco-" interrupted Barry.

"What?" Retorted Cisco. "And you all of the people should understand that Barry. He tried to kill the love of your life. Why are you letting him stay here? Why are we even helping this ungrateful person?"