Chapter 11

"I hope this work," murmured Caitlin, biting her lip.  After a few minutes of mumbling to herself and fidgeting, she finally adjusted the ring on Savitar.

"There, I think I got it just press the little stone on the--"

Savitar pressed it. At first, nothing happened, but then he felt a slight tingle on his face and warmth.

Judging by the expression on Caitlin's face--looks like it worked.

"Whoa you look," Caitlin trailed off and quickly looked away. It was rude to stare.

"I look what?"

Caitlin took out a mirror from her purse and handed it to him. "See for yourself."

He took the mirror from her and he couldn't even recognize himself. His scars were gone. His eye color was completely different. The darkness and the pain in him were gone and he seems lighter. But he knew of course underneath the disguise, he was a broken man with scars. It was very weird seeing himself like this.

"What did you do to me?"

"Cisco and I decided to duplicate H.R's...she trailed off again. No doubt remembering how he had killed him. The night where it all began. It doesn't matter what he does, they're all still going to see him as the evil supervillain. They don't think he can change. Honestly, he doesn't care what they think, but it was getting annoying, how they would suddenly remember something horrible he did in the past, and completely ruin the mood.

Caitlin continued. "It's HR's facial transmogrification device. We decided to duplicate the technology. We were able to modify it into a ring you could wear. If you press it twice, you will be back to you. If you press it once, you'll be...different.

"You duplicated the technology huh? That's funny considering I'm a duplicate of your beloved Barry and I'm using the tech of your beloved friend who I killed." I tilted my head waiting for her to be herself and get mad at him, or say something that's supposed to make him feel better. For some reason, she wanted her to lose control and do something that's not...Caitlin. Seeing her be a normal person, makes him feel even odder and out of place. He didn't understand how she could still tolerate him as after all he did. Her kindness, hope, and humanity were starting to grow on him and it was freaking him out for better or for worse.

Instead, her face was blank and controlled. I was surprised but looked at her lazily as usual. I expected a different kind of reaction from here.

Instead, she just shook her head slightly and sighed. "I don't know what else I can do to make you feel better and to help you. Every time... every time I try to help--and just as I thought you were getting the hang of it and starting to understand--you find another way to prove me wrong."

She snatched the mirror from him and stuffed it in her bag angrily. "If you ever want to even attempt at starting over--and I don't just mean moving somewhere else--you have to know when to accept help. If you want to be your person and not just as Barry's temporal duplicate, you have to know when to accept help. Being alone is not good for you or anyone, Savitar. Everyone battles with their demons inside them. Don't let the demons inside you win. Be the bigger person. Choose to be good, don't dwell on hate and anger Savitar, it won't do you any good."

She headed for the exit. "Now that I know the transmogrifier works, my job here is done. I'm going now. Of course, it was very dense of me to at least expect a thank you from you. Or expect you to be grateful. See you at the wedding."

"Do you know how I got my scars?" I asked suddenly.

She stopped in her tracks but didn't turn to look at him, so he slowly walks towards her and faced her. He pointed angrily at the right side of his face. Although she couldn't see it because of the transmogrifier. He quickly pressed it twice, revealing his true face again.

"Barry created time remnants in the future to stop me. That's how I got the scars. I now have a physical reminder of what he did to me. He didn't just scar me physically, as if that wasn't enough, he got Tracy Brand to build a prison for me and traps me in the speed force. I've been trapped in there for centuries."

"I have a whole lot of bad memories from my time in the speed force. My bad memories are outweighing my good ones since the good memories I have aren't even actually mine. They're Barry's. When I finally escape, I thought I would be free but no. Barry decided to play god, creating flashpoint, and changed everything. He screwed me over more times than I can count."

He closed his eyes for a second and dropped his arms to the side, letting it swing. When he opened them, he saw Caitlin staring at him intently, biting her lower lip.

She looked at his arms by side. "You dropped them."

"What?"

"You usually have your arms crossed when you're talking with me."

"What does that have to do with anything?" He was annoyed at her for suddenly changing the subject.

She took a small step towards him. "You've always been guarded, you always have your guard up. You may not realize it consciously but crossing your arms is a sign of not being ready to open up. But now you finally did. You opened up. And you told me about your time in the future without me having to ask you."

She was smiling at him now. "Savitar this is amazing, you just took a tiny step towards your redemption. It's progress. I'm proud of you."

A million thoughts were swirling in his head as he looks at her smile at him. She did believe him and believe that he can still be saved. He felt another alien feeling inside of him. Like his shell was starting to crack and open to reveal something inside. Perhaps a new, a different side of him.

"You think I can still be saved?"  I ask in a low voice.

"You couldn't look at Iris in the eyes when Barry brought u to S.T.A.R labs. You were ashamed and guilty of what you did." I smiled at him. "If you could feel that way, there's a good guy in there somewhere. There is still humanity left in you. You just need a little reminder sometimes that there's always a lighter path. Don't let the darkness define who you are. Don't let it control your actions."

"Plus, a few weeks ago when there was a fire, you saved everyone when The Flash wasn't there."

I rolled my eyes. "Well, that was because I knew you wouldn't stop nagging me until I did something about it."

She laughed. "Alright, I'll pretend that that was the only reason why you saved a lot of people that day."

A thought suddenly pops into his head. "You do know that this is the second ring you gave me right?"

She wrinkled her nose in confusion. "What?"

I showed her the previous ring she gave me. "You gave this to me weeks ago so that I would stop getting Barry's new memories. And now you this transmogrifier thingy is also a ring."

She shrugged. "Hadn't thought about it actually, but you don't have to use the transmogrifier all the time., only in public places like a wedding. You can take it off later."

She looked at her watch. "oh my goodness I forgot about the time. We're going to be late for the wedding. Barry's going to kill me."

She looked up at him. "Could you maybe speed us there?"

I raised an eyebrow at her. "I thought you hate speed run?"

"Hmm?"

I shrugged and tapped my head. "I remember you not enjoying it when I—when Barry speed you to your house when you were drunk."

"Hey! Vodka and speed is not a good combination."

She tilted her head at him. "Well?"

"Well, what?"

"Are you going to speed us there? What are you waiting for?"

"Oh alright." I scooped her up in the blink of an eye and ran. He could feel the wind blowing and her arms around him, tightly holding on.