Chapter 35

Barry whooshed into the cortex after he had put another evil meta in the pipeline. It has been a busy day for him. He already had to capture two more before this one. Everything was back to the day it was before. Caitlin was back. They would catch evil metas and occasionally normal criminals when he was bored. It felt good to be normal again as the team was back on the normal routine. He also got promoted at CCPD. And just a few days ago, he celebrated with his friends for the promotion and Caitlin's return at his home. He even invited Savitar although he didn't show up. He couldn't blame him. He knew Savitar still felt like an outcast no matter how much they try to welcome him. These things just don't change overnight—it takes time—and he understood. Caitlin has been the one who helped him the most. The closest person to Savitar. He knows it. Everyone knows it. But everyone including Cisco—although he won't admit it—was warming up to Savitar ever since he helped get Caitlin back. Everything was great.

" I hope that's it for today," he muttered as he plopped into a chair. Iris came up behind him and massaged his shoulders.

He gave a little sigh. "ahh that feels better. I'm so tired." Iris leaned down to kiss his husband.

"I feel so much better already, " Barry murmured under his breath.

Caitlin got up and went to then awkwardly. She cleared her throat. "can I steal him for a moment, Iris? I need to check if he had any injuries."

After Caitlin checked on Barry, they all decided to take the day off. Everyone shuffled off and Caitlin decided to head home. On her way, she ran into Savitar in the corridor.

I let out a yelp. "Savitar! You scare me. What are you doing here?"

Savitar was leaning casually against the corridor's wall with his hands in his pocket. I blinked as I took him in. His hair was combed and he appears to be wearing a brand new outfit. I saw the tag peeking out from under his black jacket but decided not to comment on it. He seems to be lost in thought. It has been days since she last saw him at his lair. She flushed at the memory when Savitar had told her that he needed her.

He glanced at her. Finally aware that she was there and took a few steps towards her. "I came to say goodbye."

I gawked at him like he just dropped from the sky. "what?" my voice came out as a squeak.

"I'm going back to Spain."

I opened my mouth and closed it like a fish, unable to say anything for a moment as I froze. A shudder went through me and I was surprised at myself. She knew this day would come. He had told her that he was going back after all. She should have expected it but she didn't realize it was going to be this soon.

Savitar was still looking at her intently and she realized he was waiting for her to say something. "I um... But...you just got back." I stammered like an idiot. "why are you leaving so soon?"

His hand went up to his hair and he pushed back the hair that fell above his eyes. She itched to ran a hand through his hair and wondered at how it will feel. She took a good look at him. Something's changed between them and she could feel it. He looked different too. The cloud of gloominess and darkness that used to always follow him seems to be fading. He was scowling less these days and it suits him better. He appears to be wearing cologne and she could smell it. His eyes seem clearer as well and when he looked at her, it seems to pierce through her.

"I need to build a life for myself, Cait. this is the only way. And you know I can't stay here."

She knew that he was right. She couldn't be selfish and she has to let him build his own life but that doesn't mean he has to do it alone.

"you're right." I told him and he nodded. "but I'm coming with you." he genuinely looked startled.

"Caitlin—"

I laughed. "why do you look so surprised? I told you before that I'm helping you settle down."

"I didn't think you were serious," he said. His voice almost a whisper. "and your friends—they just got you back—"

I interrupted him. "I know what it's like...wanting to start over. I've been through several tragedies in my life, and trust me when I say this, I doubt I would even be standing here if I was alone. If it weren't for my friends, I don't know what would happen to me. So unless you've made another friend that I'm not aware of..."

She saw Savitar's lip curled up into a smile.

"you're stuck with me." I finished and crossed my arms. Daring him to object. Instead, he just pursed his lips and his eyes sparkled.

"you drive a hard bargain, Caitlin Snow."

I returned his smile, went up to him, and bump his shoulder in a teasing way. "c'mon did you think you were going to get rid of me the easily? Besides I'm not staying in Spain forever, it's just a few weeks until you've settled down."

Her smile suddenly dropped and she frowned like she was remembering something unpleasant.

"Are you okay?" I asked her worried. Just moments before she was smiling and now...

"Savitar, there's something I have to tell you." She said suddenly all serious. There was something about her tone that indicates that it wasn't good news.

I narrowed my eyes. "What is it?"

She glanced around as if suddenly aware of where she was and took a deep breath. "Not here. Let's go get coffee."

I nodded and took out my transmogrifier. He braced himself. Whatever she was going to tell him, he could tell by her expression that it wasn't something he'll like.

I followed her quietly.