Chapter 22

"I can't believe we're back where everything started," Frost muttered as they entered Savitar's lair. "Didn't expect to be back here so soon."

"I thought you understood how important this is. You know Barry and his friends won't stop looking for you. We need to convince them that Caitlin is gone."

"But Caitlin is gone, for good."

"Yeah that's what I said but I know them, they're not going to stop until they try everything to get her back," I told her.

"Well, they're wasting their time," I grunted walking around the lair. "We've been here for days, are we just going to hide in your lair forever?"

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked approaching her slowly. "You've been acting...off since I told you we were coming back here. You were also thrashing around in your sleep and mumbling. Having nightmares?"

"I'm fine. What's the plan? What now?"

Savitar glanced up at the ceiling. "I don't know."

Her eyebrows rose. "You don't know? What do you mean you don't know?"

I sneered at her. "Oh I don't know Frost, maybe I should just leave you alone here and go off and live my life on my own. How does that sound?"

She shook her head. "Sorry, didn't mean to snap at you, I know you're just looking out for me. You didn't have to help me but you are so...thank you."

I didn't say anything and walked towards the exit.

"Where are you going?" Asked Frost from behind him.

"To finish a job. I think it's time I pay S.T.A.R Labs a visit."
~
Barry heaved a sigh and plopped down into one of S.T.A.R Labs' chairs as he massaged his eyebrows.

"I take it your plan didn't go well?" Asked Cisco walking into the cortex.

"Yeah, Savitar didn't cooperate. I searched through Spain and found the motel he was living in. I also asked around and Savitar is gone. Looks like I gave him more credit than he deserves and he doesn't care about Caitlin as much as I thought he would."

"I'm sorry man this must be pretty hard on you considering you gave him a second chance. You believed in him and he let you down."

I glanced at my best friend. "I'm sorry too I asked you to forgive him and give him a second chance. But he proved us all wrong."

Cisco patted him on his shoulder. "Hey, man don't worry about it. It wasn't your fault that he's a huge asshole."

"I got something though. When I was at the motel Savitar was staying, I found something." I took out a small container from my pocket. Inside it was a strand of white hair.

Cisco put the soda he was putting down and took it from him. "White hair. Unless Savitar sudden grows white hair or is sleeping with someone that has white hair..."

"I think this could be Caitlin's. Or Frost. Whoever she is now."

"I'm going to run some tests on it and see if I can make a cure."

I raised an eyebrow at him. "Think you can do that?"

"I don't know man, I'm not a doctor like Caitlin but I have to try. So that if—I mean when we find her, we can give her the cure." Said Cisco.

"That's a great idea. Get on that. I'm going to call Iris—"

Barry trailed off as Savitar whooshed into the Cortex. Papers flew everywhere.

"We need to work on security." Muttered Cisco. "We can't have anyone walking in or speeding in whenever they want."

I immediately sped towards him and pushed him against a wall with my hands around his throat. "Give me one good reason why I won't kill you right now."

"You won't." Said Savitar rolling his eyes. "You're not a killer. You've never killed before unlike me. You don't have the guts to. Also, I have news that you would want to hear. Both of you." Said Savitar nodding at Cisco behind him.

"If this is about Caitlin, we know she was with you. Barry found a strand of white hair at the motel where you stayed." Cisco replied.

Savitar didn't look surprised. He smirked and let out a chuckle. "Let me guess, you believe Caitlin is still alive and you want to make a cure. Good luck with that. You're not a doctor."

"We're not giving up." Murmured Cisco. "What is it you want to tell us? You said you have news. Get on with it."

Savitar opened his mouth but I quickly sped him into the pipelines, locking him in. We gave each other dirty looks and Cisco came running down.

"What are you doing?!" He shouted at Barry. "He was going to tell us something."

"I don't trust a word he says, Cisco. We need to call everyone here so we can discuss what to do with him. It's Savitar, he must have tricks up to his sleeve. Or maybe this is another game of his." Barry told him.

"Ok fine call everyone here right now."
~
"Can I at least have a book?!" I yelled, glaring at the camera. He knew they were watching him as he paced around the very small pipeline. He couldn't do anything and his powers don't work here. He was getting extremely bored.

"I'm craving for a big belly burger right now!" Still no response. He sighed. He expected this when he came speeding towards the cortex. He walked on his way to S.T.A.R Labs. He needed the walk. It helped him think. Especially for what he was about to do. He was going to betray his friend.

He's had his suspicions all along since the first time he reunited again with Killer Frost. She may be strong but Caitlin doesn't just vanish right away when Killer Frost takes over. Just like how Frost wasn't completely gone when Caitlin was in control. He went along with her story. Now, he finds out that she's been lying. His suspicions were confirmed. Caitlin was still in there. Somewhere inside Killer Frost, she was still there.

He found out when Frost started having nightmares. She would start to thrash around and talk in her sleep at nights when they arrived back at the lair. The connection must have grown stronger when they arrived in Central City. It was Frost's home as well as Caitlin's. It must have awoken something inside her. One night, Frost yelled and called out for Savitar. Only he knew it was Caitlin talking, trying to send a message to him that she was still alive. She was speaking gibberish and he couldn't understand her. He only understood one word. "Alive."

Frost was his friend and it wasn't easy betraying her. He pondered all night trying to decide what to do. But Caitlin needs his help. He couldn't just sit and do nothing. He couldn't just pretend like nothing happened when Caitlin was still alive and he was the only one who could help her. Who could bring her back? If he waits too long, she might be gone completely and it would be his fault. He finally decided to come to S.T.A.R Labs and get help. After all, Team Flash is her family and they can also help bring her back. Which was why he left the lair and came here.

He expected that he wouldn't exactly get a warm welcome, they take too long to make a decision. It's been almost an hour and they were still deciding on whether they could trust him or not. They better decide fast because he was starting to regret coming here and he wanted a big belly burger.

"Will you just make up your minds already!?" I yelled again. "Frost is going to suspect something is wrong if I'm gone too long."

After a few minutes, he finally heard footsteps approaching. I sighed. "Finally. What was taking so long? It's a simple decision. I know I did stuff to make you guys doubt me, but you know I'm telling the truth for this. I wouldn't lie about Caitlin."

Barry crossed his arms. "We came up with a plan which you may or may not like."