Chapter 23

"Guys we can't trust him okay? He probably just came here to distract us or something. There has to be something in it for him."

"Barry, if he knows something, I think we should listen to him. I can't believe I just said that but we're running out of options here." Said Cisco.

"Why don't you just work the cure and when it's done, we'll find her and give it to her. We don't need Savitar."

Cisco folded his arms. "Barry, I can't guarantee that the cure will work. Caitlin tried to remember? She's a doctor yet even she couldn't come up with it."

"Cisco please," I pleaded. "Just try."

He nodded. "Of course. I'll get to it right now." He hurried off and Barry turned to the rest of his friends who were watching them silently like they were in a movie or something.

"Well?" I asked. "Anyone know what to do?"

Iris sighed and approached him. She put a hand on his shoulder. "Barry, I know you're frustrated and worried—we all are but Cisco's right. We're running out of options and places to look for her. Savitar might be the only key to getting her back. He might know where she is right now. We both know that he cares about her."

I scoffed. "He made it pretty clear that he doesn't want to help us find her when I confronted him back in Spain. He also made it clear that he wants to leave his old life behind and start over. I'm sorry Iris, but I highly doubt that he suddenly had a change of heart and wants to help us find her now."

"Well, maybe he was lying to you when you confronted him. Killer Frost is his friend as well, maybe he was just trying to protect her." Iris suggested.

I shook my head. "I just don't get him at all sometimes. And I don't know what's going on in that head of his. He never learns. Iris, you know we can't fully trust him."

Joe jumped in. "I agree that we have to be careful and that we can't trust him."

Wally suddenly spoke up. "I have an idea. Which you may or may not like but—"

"It's an idea at least," I told him.

"How about we let Savitar spy on her?" He suggested.

"That's a crazy idea." Muttered Joe.

Barry caught on with Wally. "That makes sense. We make Savitar spy on her and report back everything she does. If you're right Iris," I said turning back to my wife. "We give Savitar the benefit of the doubt. If he's telling the truth and if he has information that can help us, I say we listen to what he has to say."

Wally chin-pointed at Cisco who was busy working on the cure. "Cisco's not done with the cure either, so until he finishes, we can't do anything even if we find Frost. Hey, you know Frost is not a bad name for a supervillain."

"Wally, focus."

"Right, sorry." He murmured sheepishly.

I knitted my eyebrows. "That's not true. We could find Caitlin or Frost whoever she is now, and lock her in the pipeline until the cure is ready."

"You want to lock her up?" Asked Iris.

"Believe me if there was another way to make sure the situation won't be out of control, I would but this is the best idea we can come up with," I said massaging my forehead. This whole crazy plan makes him dizzy just thinking about it.

Wally's eyes gleamed. "So we're all on the same page?"

I looked at everyone who nodded. "Right, let me go fill in with Cisco quickly, I'll be right back."

Turns out Cisco disliked the plan more than he did. Especially the part about locking her up, but after convincing him that we have no choice and that we're only doing this for her good, he finally agreed.

"Good luck talking with him," Cisco said. "I'll stay here and continue working on the cure but I'll keep watch of you guys through the monitor."

"Thanks, man."
~
We all went down to the pipeline to visit Savitar.

"We came up with a plan and we're going to hear you out," I announced.

Savitar didn't look surprised. "Does that mean you're letting me out of here? I'm hungry, and I told you to bring me a Big Belly Burger."

"We were a little busy, you know coming up with a plan you know." Muttered Wally rolling his eyes.

"Talk and tell us everything from the beginning," I told Savitar sternly.

He didn't waste any more time. "Killer Frost came with me to Spain."

"So she's been with you since the start." Said Joe.

Savitar grinned and spread his palms. "Hey man, are you going to listen or what?"

Joe glared daggers at him and motioned him to continue.

"As I was saying, Frost told me that Caitlin was gone. I believed her at first but I found out that she lied to me. And I convinced her to come with me back here to Central City. I told her that it would be the last place you all would expect us to be. It didn't take much convincing, honestly so here we are. We've been staying at my lair since we came back."

"So Frost is there right now?" Asked Iris.

Savitar nodded. "Well assuming she listened to me. I told her not to go anywhere but Frost is Frost. She does what she wants to do."

"Why did you lie then?"

"Pardon?"

I pointed at him. "When you speed into S.T.A.R Labs, you told me and Cisco that Caitlin was gone."

Savitar scratched his head. "Did I? I don't particularly remember. My memory's a little foggy." He folded his arms and tilted his head. "Well I told you everything, now tell me, what's the plan?"

"Cisco's working on a cure right now. While we wait, I need you to spy on Frost and report back everything she does. When the time is right, we'll get her here."

"And how exactly are you going to do that? She's not going to come or stay here willingly."

We all went silent and made eye contact with each other.

Savitar finally caught on simpered. "Oh I see, you're going to lock her here in the pipeline too aren't you? So much for friendship."

"It's just temporary until the cure's ready," Iris said quickly. "Trust me we don't like this idea as well."

"So, tell us Savitar what exactly made you change your mind and help us? You're not exactly the person who had a change of heart. And from what I'm told, Frost is your friend. This must not be easy betraying her."

Savitar dropped his voice and snarled. The amusement in his eyes was gone. "That's my business detective. None of yours."

Joe opened his mouth but I cut in. "Alright now that we know what to do, let's get to work." He stepped forward to press the button and let Savitar out.

Savitar sighed. "Finally, now if you don't mind, I'm going to get myself a big belly burger." He sped off before any of them could say another word.

"Here goes nothing." Murmured Wally.