09 / No Use

Wc: 429

The sunsets at the Hargreaves mansion. Everyone starts off to bed. First Mike, then Beverly, followed by Bill and Stanley.

"What's he doing now?" "Whimpering...scratching the walls...I'm sorry Eddie." "Is there a way I can talk to him?" "I'm afraid not."

Mike's footsteps startle Eddie. He opens the door, going downstairs to where Richie is. Eddie pays no mind. Reginald usually keeps Number Four down there for about two or more days.

"E-Eddie?" He turns his head sharply at the frail sound. A blanket wrapped around his frail shoulders. The boy is already a stick himself.

All Eddie does is wrap his arms around the boy's neck, whispering that everything would be alright. The two stumble.

"I wanna go to bed." He cries into the boy's ear. "I know. Come on." The boy limps beside Eddie.

Throwing himself against the wall over and over again to get out of that hell hole didn't work.

Each time he tried the tears would stream down his face faster and faster. Ben sat back and watched. Not knowing what to do.

His fingertips rubbed raw from the number of times he scratched at the wall. Knowing it wouldn't do anything made him cry louder.

More and more ghost-like spirits crowded into the small room. He sat in the middle of the floor. As they all stumbled over each other, stepping on his fingers and bare feet.

He had enough. Screaming as loud as he could make them all disappear. Ben climbed onto his knees behind the boy, pushing his hair back. Whispering that it would be okay.

He has passed out multiple times from screaming. Screams would claw themselves out of his throat, scratching at it. His worst fear is being alone. Especially in the dark.

Without his glasses made him feel more afraid.

As he limps beside the boy, the memories from today deep in his memory.

Mike dragging him away, his feet not able to make himself stand up. He shudders, making Eddie pull him closer.

"You can't sleep in my room tonight. The floor will make you sore." "I d-don't wanna sleep alone." "You'll be okay. I promise. I'm just right down the hall." Richie's whimpers make Eddie's heart begin to hurt.

"I promise rich." Stan peeks around the corner, listening to the two. "You left me down there! You could've helped!!" Eddie pulls him back. "No use Rich. None of us were able to help."

Stan walks away. Not knowing if that was Eddie standing up for him or Eddie stating the obvious.