027 / Sudden Eye Contact

Wc: 357

"J-J-Just get it off of me." "I'm trying." He grumbles finally picking the bird up from Five's head and placing it on his own shoulder.

Five gently touches the necklace on the boy's chest. The two make sudden eye contact before disappears.

Four snickers before opening his door. "Oh shut up." Seven whispers disappearing into his room.

The touch of the boy's hand still ghosting around Seven's wrist. He feels his cheeks warm up slowly.

"Number Seven." "Yes sir?" The door opens slowly. "I thought I told you not to talk to your siblings." "Mimic had...he-" "No need to defend yourself. Go to the dinner table."

His heart flutters as he walks past Reginald, bumping into Five. His hands in his sweatpants pockets and a simple t-shirt on.

"Wow. Didn't know you could wear normal clothes." "It's our birthday. That stupid uniform i-is uncomfortable."

"Happy birthday." "W-Whatever."

The six sit at the table. Four wears two party hats Grace placed on the table. Mimic lands on Five's shoulder, his eyes close tightly.

"Get your f-" Mimic flies away. "I'm gonna k-kill it." He whispers to himself.

Small slices of cake are placed in front of the six. All different types and flavors the six like.

"Happy birthday guys." Mike grins obliging out his candles first. They each wait their turn, Seven grins before blowing out his singular candle.

The six begin to laugh and hug each other. Four admires the way Two giggles.

He sits silently, his back curved as he slouches in the chair. Watching his best friend laugh as he throws knives at Five who also laughs. That's something you never see.

"Wait wait w-wait. Lemme take a breath." "Nope." He giggles as the thudding sounds become quieter, everyone's laughs drown the knives hitting the walls.

"L-Lets go out later tonight." "What if we get caught??" "Don't worry your little head Eds. We're the master of sneaking remember?"

He chuckles as the rest of them sit in the living room, he limps into his room. His leg still sore from a knife landing in his thigh.