048 / No one heard

wc: 452

— October 9th, 2020 10:24 am

One of the uninjured 'siblings', meaning Beverly volunteered to stay with Number Five and Seven.

Of course, Number Three knows Bill doesn't want help, so she helps Seven instead.

Seven flicks through the channels of the hospital tv until he's satisfied.

Organizing the portable table every couple of minutes as he lays in an uncomfortable bed.

Five stares at the tv, remembering slightly what happened the day before.

First the uncontrollable rage he felt when Richie had calmly whispered.

"Patrick."

That was all, Five's buttons had been pushed. The one-button he has.

Then the pure bliss once he finally snapped out of the rage, figuring out that Patrick was unconscious because of that one singular punch he threw.

Lastly the pure fear and pain he felt as the bullets rained through the air, one good thought Seven's small hand and into Five's lower back.

Throughout the moments of Five basically almost dying, he remembers being more worried for someone else. More worried if they were okay.

Five remembers hearing the rapid beating of his monitor and someone else's. The raspiness of their voice startling him.

"Where is he?" Is all he can remember. Then, his bones and joints began to ache as they moved his bed.

Another rapid beating sound has woken up the one last time, grabbing onto something soft made the beeping stop. Made it stop for a day. A full 24 hours.

Now he's here, listening to his own monitor beep. The beeping starts to quicken as those fowl memories start to replay in his mind again.

Something soft touches his cheek gently. His hearing, that he didn't even realize had stopped working, starts to work again.

"Bill..." is all the person rasps out as he calms down. "I n-need to get up." "You can't." Beverly sighs trying to push the boy back down.

His back aches, making him moan in pain. Seven wakes up out of his half-asleep state slowly. "G-Go back to bed...I'm f-fine." He lets out a groan as he stands up.

"Bill. For real. Lay back down." "B-Beverly. We both know I'm n-not going to lay down. So don't try to make me." "Ah. Mr.......Denbrough Hargreaves?"

Bill's eyes widen ever so slightly, he closes his mouth from his confused but surprised state. He's not used to hearing his last name.

"The doctors and I have agreed that it's good if you walk around for about ten minutes." Beverly scoffs, sitting back down beside Seven.

Bill whispers under his breath as he feels the IV in his arm. "I'm going to the snack machine." He whispers knowing no one heard him.