043 / Just say Yes

Wc: 520

October 8th, 2020 Thursday

On certain days Reginald let's the six go out wherever they want, shop, and hang out with each other.

—call

Patrick

Hey Patrick...I have some free time later if you want to hang out.

Sure. Not to pressure you or whatever...but did you think about it?

Sorry no. I got caught up with my family and stuff.

I think it's better if you'd think it through first before we hang out.

Oh...okay? Can I still come over and get my necklace?

Sure.

I'll see you in a few.

Kay...bye.

—end of the call

"I'll be back later Pogo." "Patrick? Is it?" He stops in his tracks. "What?" "You're going to hang out with him?"

"No...just have to go get my necklace." "Be safe." He nods before wobbling away.

"Let me go with you." "Why?" "Patrick seems cool...plus Victor and I have plans." Four glances back, Two rolls his eyes before pushing past him. Five follows behind.

"Where are you going?" "T-To hang out with Eddie. Is there a problem?" "No...asshole." Five disappears.

"Come on." Four grabs Seven's wrist gently, pulling him out of the house.

—a bit later

"His house is right here. Stop complaining dummy." Seven giggles still pulling the older one along.

"Does Five really hate Patrick?" "I think so." Patrick chuckles patting Richie's back as he opens the door.

"Is uh...Victor here?" "Yeah...over there." Four grins pushing past Patrick gently.

"Here..." he drops the necklace into the smaller boy's hand gently, the two make eye contact.

Patrick touches the little charms, examining them gently. "It's all of our initials...Bill got it for me...he got the necklace for me too."

"Stop dummy." Victor giggles pulling away from the boy's touches. Patrick looks back at Seven gently.

"I uh..." "Do you really like me?" "Y-Yeah...." he whispers out. "It's only been a month Patrick..."

"I want to be more friends. Do you?" "I don't know..." "Just say yes...I'll does anything."

"Patrick..." "Please? It'll be the best thing that's ever happened to me." "There's other people out there." "You can move out...stay here. We have enough room. Escape that idiotic family."

Four glances over towards the two talking. Seven gives him a look of "that's not true", he nods.

"I don't want to leave them." "Yes, you do. Everyone knows that. Day yes. Please?" "Patrick-" "Just say yes. A simple word."

He grips the boy's wrist tightly, Four shoots a look of concern as he hears a loud whimper.

"Let go...you're scaring me." "Don't cry. Wait I'm sorry. Just say yes?" "No Patrick...I don't feel the same way."

Patrick kisses him gently. "Stop doing that...I told you-" "Just say yes!!" Seven flinches.

"Let go of him." "Stay out of this." "Let him go." "Fine. He's staying-" "No. He's not." Four pulls Seven away, leaving Patrick at the door.

"Call me...Richie." Victor whispers before they get too far away.

"You need to stay away from him." "But-" "Listen to us for once Stan. He's no good for you."