092 / Empathy

Wc: 506

"Baby he's calling again." "Shut up." "No." "We've got one shot at this. I don't wanna fuck it up." "And I don't wanna listen to your phone." He pouts shoving it into Patrick's hand.

—phone call

Hey baby...can't talk right-

They're being mean again.
He cries into the phone. Victor rolls his eyes.

What now?

I thought they changed...they're still being mean.

Don't cry, baby. I'll be home in a little bit.

Where'd you go?

We're all hanging out...

Oh. Hurry back...please?

I'll try my best.

I love you, Pat.

Love you too.

—end of the phone call.

"He's always crying about different things," Patrick grumbles cutting random wires.

"You don't mean it right?" "Mean what? Stop being a bitch Vic." "You don't love him right?" "Of course not. I love-" Patrick stops in his tracks, clearly afraid of the boy.

"You're lying Patrick. I know you are." "I'm...I'm not. I promise. I love you, Vic. You know that right?" His voice trembles, he's afraid of what the boy might do to him.

"Stop being a pussy idiot." "Do you wanna go blind? Didn't think so." He grumbles kissing the boy's cheek gently.

"That's what I thought." He giggles shoving a person out of their chair. Shoving a dead person out of their chair.

"What do you mean it's at a hospital?" "D-Don't know what else to say, idiot." He grumbles kicking the boy's shin. "Stop kicking me." "S-Stop being stupid." "Stop stuttering."

"T-That's it." Of course, he kicks the boy's feet out from under him. Richie grabs at his back, trying to catch his breath.

"Fucker. I told you...to stop doing that." "Stop being stupid." He puts his foot on the boy's throat.

"Bill stop that. Come on." Beverly pulls the boy away, Richie gasps for breath. Eddie simply stares at him before catching up with the others. "Thanks a lot, Eds." He grumbles.

"Pogo...where did they go?" "Cannot say I'm afraid." "I won't follow them. You know that..." "Seven. Don't lie. It's no good."

"Still. I won't affect them. I promise. They aren't on a bug mission-" "I apologize for interrupting but yes they are. A deadly one." "They know that right?" "I'm afraid not."

The three words he's uses the most with Four and Seven.

"He hasn't told them has he?" "He will not until later...Number Seven?" "What?" "Sit back down." Seven didn't even realize he had stood up.

"Pogo...if it's deadly-" "We have no control. I'm sorry." "No, you're not." "Pardon me?" "You never are. You have no sense of remorse...or or empathy."

Pogo listens to the boy. He knows what's about to happen.

"You have no type of empathy...you're not even human. You don't understand what I feel for them." He begins to raise his voice.

"Number Seven. Please do not yell. Nothing good will come out of it."

"You know what. I can yell if I want! Everyone hates me and I don't know what to do!!"