Prologue

I stare at the book in my hands.... this is the latest and last sequel of 'Lost In Wonderland' I'm so happy, I could just stare at it all day!!

"....way!! Get out of the way!!!" A man with a faulty bike swerves towards me.

My instincts kick in and I move to the side, unfortunately for me, I slip on the side rolling down on the grassy slope before hitting the water. This is bad... I can't swim! Dang, I should have listened to auntie Velma when she said I needed to learn how to swim.

I open my eyes and below me was pitch-black darkness, I see the book not far away, I need to get it. Just barely touching it I close my eyes unable to breathe. Is this it? Is this how I end 24 years of my life?

If anyone knew me they'd think I was Pathetic. Not being able to swim, always reading, fantasising over a romantic novel and I haven't even had my first kiss yet. I really think this is it...

...Wait...why is it comfy all of a sudden? I can move...I can breathe, what's more, interesting I hear talking, worried voices, more than one. Did they save me from drowning? Is it the man with the bike? If I really died he would have been guilty and resentful. Of course, since I'm not, he's got nothing to worry about.

I slowly open my eyes. Wait...this isn't the hospital... it's more like a bedroom? It definitely isn't mine. I hear murmuring in the background... who are they? A couple of ladies in a maid outfit? What is this? Anime cosplay? I look to my right, a man and women bickering their eyes puffy, looks like they were crying.

"Um... can I get water please?" It was a struggle but I managed to speak... it was suddenly quiet, did I do something wrong? They looked at me shocked, astonished, worried... well they had a variety of expressions.

" Aleah!!" The man and lady scream and came up to me hugging me.

Alaea? Who the hell is that? Why does it sound familiar? The ladies in the maid costumes start to cry but they don't come any closer. What the hell is wrong with these people?? Suddenly a boy walks in, and my gosh he's handsome.

" Jackson!!" The lady calls him to the bed.

"Aleah you know how worried we were when you got struck by lightning??" Lightning? Aleah? Jackson?

Why do these names sound so awe fully familiar?

" Is she okay now? " he asks, the lady nods.

The Doctor comes in and checks up on me. He does one test after another. When is this ever gonna end? Finally, the doctor walks up to the bed, the lady has her hand holding mine.

" This is shocking! I've checked over and over again, but there's nothing wrong with the young miss." He looks at his clipboard.

" Other than the definite fact that she got hit by lightning and slept for a month, nothing is wrong."

" Oh My Gosh! Thank the heavens!!" The man and the lady cries.

Wait a minute... wait a damn minute. I think I've just missed a piece of valuable information. How long did I sleep? 1 day? No...1 week? No, wait.....

" A MONTH!?!?" I say out loud. Everyone looks at me shocked. I quickly cover my mouth. I'm such a blabbermouth.

" Yes young miss, a month. " Oh my god, the doctor then looks at the couple.

" There isn't anything wrong with her, but since she's just woken up she'll need to rest. I've prescribed some medicine for when she starts feeling side effects or any pain." He looks at his watch, " Let us leave so the young miss can rest!"

The doctor heads out first then the maids. "We're gonna go now sweetie make sure you rest well." They each give me a peck on the forehead and then leave.

" It's gonna be alright Leah." The cute boy named Jackson pats my head then walks off. I'm guessing he's not much of a hugger.

What the hell is going on? I get up from the bed my head feeling a little dizzy, I mean I apparently got hit by lightning so of course, I would be in pain. I look at myself in the mirror. She was beautiful.

Wait what name did they call me just now? Aleah? Silky Brown hair, blue/grey eyes, her skin so soft and glistening. NO WAY!! I'm Aleah from 'Lost In Wonderland' but how? I'm pretty sure I died in the lake?

Was that all a dream? No, it couldn't be, it felt so surreal... so what could have happened?

How did I get here?

To Be Continued