Chapter 1: Welcome back Annabelle

Book Cover by Ashes_Knight

The car tardily stops before the definition of my nightmares, Dalvey Brook High and Abby's chauffeur Leon opens the door for us. Without wasting another second Abby and I hastens towards the school's steps for being ten minutes late on our first day.

It is our senior year and I am thrilled! Hold up... wait, before you get the wrong idea. I am not thrilled about being here but I am to leave and that miracle will happen in a couple of very long life-threatening months. Ugh.

Abby and I run in the middle of the empty hallway and stop, panting while leaning down holding onto our knees. "S-see you at H-history," I say, trying to catch my breath. We hug then go our separate ways. Abby has Business while I have English Literature.

I turn to my left towards a hallway then jog towards my class hoping for the worst. In seconds I stand at the door peeking through the glass on the center, I sigh bringing my hand to the knob, and slowly begin turning.

I push the door in and as I expected all eyes turn on me. The target.

I can hear all their thoughts about me without actually hearing; the loser is here, she didn't die, what is she doing here? Why did she come back?...the hatred continues. If you haven't already figured it out as yet, I am the less popular person in my school.

I fix the strap of my bag on my shoulder then walk inside looking around at all the familiar unpleasant faces of the students when a ball of paper slams into my face catching me half-guard and drop on the floor little giggles erupting.

These little bitc-

"Ms. Frazer, are you going to sit or continue distracting my class?" I turn to look at my teacher. Of course, she didn't see what just happened, because she never sees what happens to me in this class. That brat!

"Sorry Mrs. Johnson, I will go and sit right away," I start my way to sit because I want to not because she told me to. I walk to the middle row hearing some students whispering the nerd of all nerds.

I sit on a vacant desk taking my books from my bag before placing them on the back of my chair praying I didn't sit on any gum.

I am wearing my favorite jeans today.

"I hope this is not a conventional habit Ms. Frazer, you have to start coming to my class early because I won't be reteaching anything to anyone," She gives me a smug face and all I did is glare at her. She rolls her eyes at me then turns to write on her board not being conscious of the fact that students are blowing spitballs at me. As if she cares.

I am a straight-A student in my literature class and I never seem to amuse that teacher, the day she found out my dad is my dad that lady hates me. Ugh, what's with the people and hating me?

"Welcome back Annabelle," Jake leans and whispers.

"Thanks, Jake," I smile at him knowing that I have someone in here by my side

He is a jock and also a good friend of mine, we met in my third year here. He's very handsome with a tall lean figure, perm black hair that matches his grey color eyes, and beige complexion.

***

The bell rings to dismiss our second period and Abby and I make our way out of the class which was Biology and headed to our lockers. "I hate to be back," Abby blurts out with a dramatic groan.

"Same," I tell her, walking down the hall with students gossiping, some minding their own business, some making out and some bullying the freshmen until they get glims of me, the freshmen will be saved. The feeling of being something important to students here. I sigh.