«4»

They took me to the interrogation room."Can you tell us what happened honey?"Let's bring out the liar in me back into the game."I was staying at my friend's place for a couple days.My dad came to pick me up and he was mad.He said that I was an ungreatful kid.And that I'm going with him.So I did as he said."

"Then what happened?"

"I went home with him.He told me to go to my room.I did as he said.I went to my room.And then I fell asleep.I woke up to the sound of gunshot.I was scared.I waited a while in my room.When everything went dead silent I went downstairs and found my dad.Shot between the eyes."

Fake tears!Do what you gotta do!

"He wasn't a good father but I loved him!"Then the detective came over and hugged me."It's ok honey.We'll find who did this to your father.Don't worry."

"Thank you."I left the interrogation room and Freya was there with Dylan and Leah.Just great."I am her firend's mother.""I'm sorry ma'am but we need her legal guardian to take her."

"My mom can't come officer.And I know them.Please let me go with them."After some more fake tears and convincing we left.We arrived at their house and all four of us sat there.They waited for me to talk but I had nothing to say.

"I'll bring you some water.Poor child you're probably still in shock."Then Freya left."I'm not in shock.I have nothing to say.""Soph I know you hated him but he just died!"I chuckled."I feel bad.Not because he died but because it wasn't me who died."Then Dylan tried to hold my hand.He tangled his fingers with mine.

"If I wasn't clear enough."I took my hand off of his."Uninterested."He backed away.I know I've been trying to keep him away but he is actually trying."I'm sorry.I didn't mean it that way.""No it's ok."I sighed and turned to Leah.I opened my mouth to say something and Freya came with a glass of water.

"Here you go honey."I took the glass of water and put it on the coffee table."Thanks.But Freya by any chance could you leave us?""Of course."She left and I took a deep breath."I didn't see his face but I saw who killed my dad.I was there when he shot him."

"Wait what?!Sophia do you have any idea what you have done?"

"I lied on my testimony.I know what I did Leah."

"Sophia why would you lie?"

I turned to Dylan.I looked right in his eyes."Because I don't want him to get caught.He did something I should have.I owe him.Also he rufed to kill me when I asked him to.So...there is that."They both looked at me with their jaws on the floor.Eyes wide open.

Following morning I went to school everybody was whispering.Whispering about me and my father's death.But I kept my calm.I went to my classes and did what I always did.

"What is your next period?""Free.What's your's?"Leah took her phone out to look her next period.That's what Chad came."Babe can we talk?"I scoffed."It's done Chad.We are done.I'm not a toy you can play with whenever you want."

Chad was mad and Leah was furious but I...was focused on Chad's ring."Your ring.Chad where did you get that ring?"Chad turned to me."What ring?"I took his hand."This ring.Chad where did you get it?""It's the ring school gives to the senior football team members only."

He graduated from here."Only this school gradutes could get this right?"He nodded."Soph what is it?""Nothing Leah."Then the bell rang and I ran to the library.I ran to the yearbook aisle.I checked last year's.And the year before that.And I didn't found him but I found someone else."The business partner's son?"Before my free period ended I went back home.

CSI's were finally out of the place and I went to my dad's room.And I realized I've never been in there.God knows what I'll find in there.I turned the knob and went in.And it was...tidy?It looked like it had been just cleaned.

I checked the time and I checked the files.James Nark is the name I'm looking for.Or someone with the surname Nark.And after some really fast research I found it.Elijah Nark."This is it."I checked the time one more time and I ran back to the school real fast.

At lunch I found Leah and since she was with Dylan I dragged them both into the empty chemistry lab."So this is gonna sound crazy and you guys would be right but I found something."I put the yearbook from two years ago with James Nark's page open.Then I put the files about Elijah Nark and Nark Industries.

"Remember that ring thing this morning Leah?"She nodded."I asked Chad because that was the same ring that my father's killer wore.So at my free period I went to the library.And I found this."I put my finger on James Nark's picture."I recognized him immediately because he came to my house with his father.As my father's business partner."

"You need to give this to the police."I chuckled."And let them know I lied on my testimony?""Leah,Sophia has a point."Leah paced around a little."Dylan this is evidence on a murder case are you mental?!"I shut the yearbook loudly."I know how all of this looks like but let's not forget it.I don't want him to get caught.I wanna know why he refused to kill me."

"So let's just go to Nark Industries.Request to meet James."I chuckled."It's not that easy because..."I opened the page where the football team and the member's were given."James wasn't in the team.If he were this thing would be solved."

"What are we gonna do now?""I need to find a connection between these files.Maybe a wrong type-o.Because the guy yelled at my dad about him stealing money from them.I need proof that my dad stole from them."

"Soph I love you but...you need to go to the cops.We are talking about a murder case here."

"Leah!If I go to the cops with all of this I could go to juvie for lying.We don't want that."

"Juvie is hell.I would know."We both turned to Dylan."You've been to juvie?""Yeah.I stole a couple grands from the shops around my house."I fully turned to Dylan."Couple?"

"Like 2.""2 what?"

"200K."Both of our jaws hit the floor."And how did you do that?""I hacked their security system.De-activated it.Took the money and left."He sighed."I shouldn't have told you that."