«9»

"Just try the food.You'll love it.""Doubt it."We walked towards the table.And our food came right away."What is this?""It's ceaser salad."I chuckled."I could see that.""What's the problem then?"He started eating while I just stared."Yeah I'm not even gonna try."I got up and dragged him out of the restaurant.

"Keys?"He gave them to me and I drove to this dinner a few blocks away from the school."Two of your special sauced.""Right away Soph."We sat down and a few minutes later our burgers came."This place might not look like your fancy restaurants but the food is probably much much better."

I ate the burger in front of me.And seemed like he liked it."Now to the questions."

"Ask away."

"Why did your father sent me a dinner invitation for the nigh after tomorrow?"

"He did?"I showed him my phone."I know nothing about this."

"Figured from your expression.Second question.Why is your brothe so interested in kissing me?Like why?"

"He what now?"

"I'M asking the right questions.Just not to the right person appearently.You're clueless as fuck."

"That's weird.Because you're not having burgers with him now."

"Don't be jealous.It looks bad on you."I finished my burger."Have a nice evening Nark.See you in two days."I paid and left.When I arrived at my house Leah's head turned right at me."Don't get your hopes up.I lost all hope on James.He has no clue about what his family is doing.He has no idea about the dinner.He has no idea Jack kissed me.He has no idea about anything."

"So nothing happened between you two?"I shook my head."Nothing will happen between us.He shot his shot.Now we're back to normal.What do you guys have?"

"Dylan got the employee list."I sighed."At least some good news came.""You call this a good news?"I turned to Dylan."The only thing I have good going on in my life is my friendship with Leah.And you I guess."

"Ok.Let's all take a break.I have an idea.""Take break like five minutes or take a break from life kinda break?"

"From life.I'm taking you guys somewhere recently I found out about.""Let me change.This is so not comfortable."

And not half an hour later we're at the most beautiful cliff I have ever seen."Leah?Do you think I'll die if I jump?"

"Don't even think about it."Then Dlyan got me on his shoulders."Dylan put me down.""So you can jump?I don't think so."I softly chuckled."Fine.I won't jump.I promise."Then he put me down."Thanks."Then I held Leah's and Dylan's hand."Thanks guys.Not most people would help a suicidal girl to find an assassin."All three of us laughed."Now that I say it out loud it's pretty weird."

We laughed."It is weird.Damn we're weird Soph."I chuckled."I think I am a bad influance on you both."Dlyan laughed."I went to juvie.I don't think it's your influance on me."I chuckled."I think we're bad influances on Leah."

"No regrets here."We turned at Leah."Not even a bit?"She chuckled."Not even a bit."

---The Night Of The Dinner With Narks---

"So what are you gonna wear?"I looked at myself."Uh...this?I came here so you can drop me off."She laughed and laughed like maniac.Then she stopped."No you're not.You're gonna dress as I tell you to.Narks are sharks."Then she waited."That actually rhyms.Anyway.Give me alittle times."I laid on her bed as she went through her wardrobe.

"Get up.Wear these."Then I went behind this curtain thing and changed.

"Then I went behind this curtain thing and changed

"I don't like this.""Well get used to it."I rolled my eyes."C'mon I'll drop you."We left and I rang the doorbell."Welcome.""Hey James."I walked in and James led me into the dining room."Mr.Nark.""Ms.Johnson.How are you?"

"Am I meant to lie or tell the truth?"He chuckled as we shook hands."Great answer.Come.Sit."I faked a smile."Hello Sophia."I turned to Jack.He tried to reach for my hand to kiss it."No thank you.Detention with you was enough."

"Don't mind those losers.Follow me."He pulled the chair for me and I looked in front of me.To the house.To the people."I'M gonna be completely honest.I'M not here for some dinner.I'M here because I wanna know why your family is suddenly interested in me.So we can skip the formalities if you don't mind Mr.Nark."

"Very well then.Follow me to my study."I left Jack and James there and followed Mr.Nark."Call me Elijah.""You asked for it.Then Elijah let me ask you...why?"

"You have skills.With given source you might even become unstoppable."I chuckled."It's funny.You want me to work for you."

"Think about it.The monthly income would be very high.You won't have to go back to your mother once you're out of money."I scoffed."Say what now?""You won't have to go back to your mom."

"I get that you and my father worked together.But meddling in my personal private life is alittle low don't you think?!You know what?I came here for one answer.I got it.I don't have to stay here anymore."I texted Leah."Fuck you Elijah Nark."Then I left his office.I bumped into Jack."Fuck you too Jack."Then I bumped into James on my way to the door."Fuck you too James."When I got out Leah was there."Get out of the car.I'M driving."She threw me the keys and I hit the gas.

We went straight to Dylan's place."I cannot believe it.Elijah Nark asked me to work for him.I'm just an 18 year old girl who just lost her dad in his eyes and this is just unbelievable."

"It does sound like an advantage to me.It would be easier for us to get access."Then his computer started beeping."Well that's bad news.""What is?"He took a deep breath."The name recogniztion thing I set up so we wouldn't have to search ourselves.It came negative.There is no one that works for or works with them that has that ring."

"Well all of that was for nothing."Then my phone rang."Yes?""Sophia is that you?"I covered the speaker with my hand."I don't know who this is.""Put it on speaker."I put the phone on speaker and placed it on the table."I'M Sophia and you are?"

"Your father's lawyer.Mrs.Finch?"I rolled my eyes in disgust."What do you want Finch?"I sat on Dylan's bed."I called you because your father didn't write a will.So the money goes directly to you because you're his only kid."

We all jumped out of our places."Finch what are you talking about?""Let me make it simple for you honey.Your dad left you 100 million dollors."WHAT THE HELL?

"Finch are you hearing yourself?That's impossible."

"It is very much possible.I'm in front of your house to give you the key to the safe that he's been keeping it.""I-I'm not at home.I'm at a friend's place.Give me 10 minutes."I hung up."Whoa!"

"You telling me Dylan?"We were all shocked."Dylan we need to go to my place.NOW!"We went downstairs and drove to my place immediately."Finch.""Sophia."He handed me the keys."This is the adress of the safe.Along with his stuff in this storge area."

I chuckled."You must be pretty sad that he's gone now.There is no one to fuck you anymore."We got back in the car and drove away."What was that?""Mrs.Finch might be married but she prefered to fuck my father instead of her own husband."I rolled my eyes."Well that was savage Soph."

"Leah I wasn't trying to be savage.I just fucking hate cheaters."