«29»

It's Caleb's birthday.And I still have no idea what to get him.Like...nothing.My mind is completely blank.So I went to a mall here.I found a box shaped and designed as a whiskey.It was bigger than the original but it was better.I filled it with bunch of stuff.His favorite chocolate.His favorite whiskey's oldest version.And some other stuff that I have no idea about.Then I called Dylan."Have you found it yet?"

"Yes.I found the adress.But why would you wanna go to a cemetery?Like...we're in Scotland.Go party.Blend in.Why a cemetery?"I sighed."Sending me the adress will be enough."The he sent me the adress and I hung up on him.I got him a card and wrote the adress in it with my perfect hand writing.Which sucks and I'm totally lying right now.

Then I went up to my room.And since Dylan exchanged rooms with Caleb it's technically our room."You're back.""I just came back from the treaty thing.It's signed and done for.We're leaving tomorrow afternoon."

"Happy birthday Caleb."He turned around.I will never get used to when he is shirtless with his suit pants."Don't celebrate my birthday.Don't."I rolled my eyes."I have a surprise that you are definitely gonna hate me for."

He rolled his eyes."I can't hate you.Niether can you hate me so...what is it?"I gave him the box."What's with the adress?"I took a deep breath."I want you to go there.I don't want to intrude.So I need you to go there on your own.If you need me just call me and I'll come there as soon as I humanly can."

"I know you will.But I don't get why I need to go there alone if it's your surprise."I sighed."You'll understand."He took his shirt and jacket then put it on."You're coming with me.End of story."Then he dragged me with him.

When we arrived his face went blank."You found their graves?""I asked Dylan but he doesn't know that it's their graves.He just knows that they're the graves I was looking for."

He got out of the car and I slowly followed him.He hesitated to go through the door.And I get it.It's...hard.It took me a while too to get through the door to see Leah.

"You don't have to I just thought you would want to see them."He tangled his fingers with mine and we walked in.Still no emotion on his face.Just blankness.Then we arrived.We stood there for a couple minutes in silence which felt like hours."Caleb?"He just stared at their tomb stone.

"Caleb I can't bear to see you like this please.Just tell me something make a noise just...something please!Watching the man I love this bad I just...can't.Please.Caleb I love you way too much to hurt yourself like this."

What did I just say?What the hell did I just do?What have a I done?!But that seems to got him out of his trance."You what?"I took a deep breath."I lov-"Then he kissed me.But it felt wet.Tastes like...tears?So I broke the kiss and looked into his eyes."Why are you crying?If you're upset that I said that we could forget about it.I ju-"He kissed me again."You can't love me."I scoffed."And why is that?"

"But if you love me then Elijah will kill you.He'll find a way to take you away from me just like my mom.My dad.My sister.I can't-I don't want to-I can't even say it."He couldn't form a sentence for the first time.He knows what to do and what to say to whoever he comes against whatever he faces and now he's...speechless?

I hugged him as tight as I could."Caleb as long as you're here no one could even get near me.I know that.And I know you're trying your best to do that.Elijah won't find out.And if he does.It's fine.We know you tried.It's ok."

He broke the hug and pushed me away."No.It's not fine.It's not ok.It'll never be ok.No!"Then he left.He hopped in his car and drove away.I was left in tears in front of his mother's grave.With nothing but my phone.This is fucked up.

I wanted to call Dylan but I needed some fresh air.I walked and walked.Until somebody came behind me and put something on my mouth.Then it was just black.When I woke up I was tied up.Dylan was tied up.I looked around but it was all blurry with the extreme lights.

"Uh...why am I here?"Fake it till you make it.Let's fake being calm.Maybe it'll work.

"Where is Caleb Grayson?"Ok he might've been right about the protecting thing."Am I supposed to know that name?"I acted like I remembered something."Ah...Caleb.Isn't he dead?His building blew up.A couple months ago.But...what does he have to do with me?I'M just an 18 year old senior student in high school.But I mostly ditch so I might not graduate."

Ok.I'm calm now."You know it's weird..."I started talking and kept up until their leader came around."UGH!FOR FUCK'S SAKE!WHY DO YOU TALK SO MUCH?"But who came was not who I was expecting."No.What?No!No?No!No!Yes definitely no."

"What is going on?"Then Dylan woke up."Wakey wakey sleeping beauty.Our kidnapper is here."

"I was playing video games.I was just about to enter a new level."I rolled my eyes."Can you get out of the influance of the drug they have given you?"

"How are you my dear?"I rolled my eyes."Zane.It's been a couple years hasn't been?"He chuckled.Then Caleb came in."If you found him why did you make me talk that much you idiot?!"

"You see my dear...I didn't like you when I last saw you.And I don't like you now.""Oh...you think I like you?Damn you're delusional.You are fucking delusional."He pointed his gun to Dylan."Ilove Dylan but I will always hate you."

"What are they doing here?The deal was that they go and you take me.Let them go Zane!"I chuckled."He can't let me go Caleb.He just can't."I looked right into Zane's eyes and everybody was looking at me.

"Changing your surname.Moving to another country.Those things won't change the thing you are.A peasent.An unwanted child.An unwanted husband and an unwanted father to three of your kids.You're nothing without them Zane."

"SHUT UP!!!"I was terrified."I don't see what dad saw in you.Not that he had good insight on things.He was horrible."

"Sophia?"I didn't look at Caleb.Dylan was slowly gaining his own self."Caleb.Dylan.I want you guys to meet one and only Zane.Zane Johnson.My very own uncle."