Year 2-5

As the weeks went by many Muggleborn children were affected. First Mrs. Norris, than Collin Creevily, and now Lockhart had wanted to do a magic duel. Snape had agreed to it. You haven't spoken to Malfoy since the Quidditch tournament, and he ignored you at first, and although you didn't want to hang out with him anymore he began to slowly talk to you occasionally. You still sat by your older sister and her friends during meal times.

But one night when you couldn't sleep you walked downstairs to the common room and sat by the single arm chair, reading Hogwarts: A History. Trying to find out anything about the Chamber of secrets. Since you have been helping the trio out.

They thought that Malfoy was the Heir of Slytherin. At first you denied he was.. but after a while you kind of thought the same thing. The trio even asked you to find out more from him but you said no but you help them out in another way. While reading you heard footsteps and you were half hoping it was your sister or anyone else. But as you looked it was your somewhat least favorite person currently Draco Malfoy.

He walked to the fire confused to see you awake still.
"Silver, it's 2am why are you up?" He called you by your nickname. You have not heard since the Quidditch match.

"Couldn't sleep" you answered him. You were not as particularly as mad as before but you just didn't see him the same way as before when he insulted Hermione. As you kept reading he sat across from you and watched you read. The faint firelight glowing on you, you felt uncomfortable and you closed your book to talk to him.

"Yes?" You told him annoyed

"Nothing" he turned to look at the fire his face alittle flushed. But you didn't know that. "Are you still angry at me?" He asked you.

You weren't angry anymore, mainly just disappointed. "Not really" he looked at you and smiled a little "Malfoy, you do realize that what you called my best friend a while ago made me lose some sort of respect I had for you.. and that isn't a good thing" you explained

"But, she's annoying" he scoffed

"She can be but calling someone that is not right, we can still be friends if you want, but if you want to earn my respect back it will take a lot of work" you explained to him. As you got up to turn in for the night you walked to the girls dorm and you turned to see Malfoy a little upset. Sighing you went upstairs and went to bed to force yourself to sleep.

The dueling club had met after school activities were over and you obviously went with your friends. Watching the teachers fight was going to be really interesting and seeing Snape hit Lockhart with a spell was really satisfying to watch. Since you didn't really like Lockhart,  he was really arrogant in your opinion. But an overall somewhat decent teacher.
It didn't take long for the teacher to pick students and you hoped you will be picked but you didn't. Malfoy was picked and so was Harry. The two main rivals of the school. You bumped into a student by the name of Justin fletchly, a Muggleborn Hufflepuff you over heard Harry and Justin talk earlier.

"Sorry" you apologized

"No it's my fault I'm sorry" he replied. "You think Potter will win?"

"Let's hope not, I am sure the Slytherin common room will be annoyed by Malfoy for weeks if he does. He would be like 'SAiNT PoTtEr'" you tried your best to mimick Malfoy and Justin Laughed with you. Just than a snake had appeared from nowhere. You two jumped. The both of you weren't really paying attention to the duel up until now. The snake was getting closer to Justin and you, than you heard it some weird whispering coming from Harry.

'Was he speaking parcelmouth?!?' You thought terrified. You and Justin were scared as the snake kept coming closer and Harry kept whispering to it until snape finally got rid of the snake. You gave Harry a look of disbelief.