Year 2 Chapter 7

Sitting down for breakfast with Harry and Ron that fine May, Saturday. Waiting for Hermione to come down soon the boys looked at the clock and were getting worried.

"Hey I'll wait for Hermione you guys can head down" you said to the two"

"Actually" McGonagall said to the three "the match has been cancelled, you three come with me" she said as you walked with McGonagall. You saw Malfoy give you a curious look. But with your head held high you ignored him. You followed the Professor to the hospital wing and stopped at the door.

"What I'm about to show you may shock the three of you" you looked at Harry and Ron and they shrugged as the Professor opened the door she walked us toward the beds and there lay Hermione petrified.

You stood in shock, tears filled your eyes, this must of happened yesterday. The other day you were helping them and you didn't yesterday, it must of been hermione on her own, if only you where with her, you would of gladly taken her place. The professor said she was found in the library, carrying a mirror. It didn't mean anything to the three of us. She told us to go to the common rooms after dinner quickly and that 6pm is our new curfew time instead of 8pm.

You sat by Hermione and stayed their until dinner. You sat by Blaise that day. You were not in a mood to even eat. You barely ate anything. Malfoy noticed your change of mood, and he wondered what the hell happened to you.

You sat in the common room writing a letter to your parents. You were going to the owlery later tomorrow anyway. Unable to sleep you stayed in the common room that night. You sat by a window where you can sit, clutching your knees close to your chest, Watching the black lake and trying to see the Giant Squid and Merpeople swim around.
You heard foot steps but you didn't care. Your best friend was petrified and you were upset.

"Silver" you heard a familiar voice say concerned. You didn't turn around you knew who it was already.

"I thought you weren't speaking to me" you said coldly

"You seemed off" he said "what's wrong?"

"Your gonna laugh"

Malfoy walked towards the windowsill and sat across from you "Depends, What happened?"

"Granger, got petrified"

"She did?!?" He said in an almost happy tone. You shot him a glare.

"Other than Blaise she was my best friend too. She basically knows everything academically and personally" you said to him. Malfoy wondered what that meant.

"You mean she knows-"

"Yes. I mean she was in a way practically there" you laughed still looking out the window.

"Wait what do you mean 'there'" he asked

"Believe me you don't want to know" you said. "I know you hate her, but at least try to be respectful.. it's greatly appreciated" you said to him. Malfoy rolled his eyes and nodded.

"How did it happen?" He asked

"Mcgonagall said she was found in the library"

"Figures" Malfoy said

"Draco" you sighed annoyed

"What I mean.. why do you do that?" He asked

"What?"

"You never say my first name.. it's rare when you do"

"Oh that.. I only do it when you annoy me or get me angry" you explained. You watched the Dark waters.