CHAPTER 16- RECOVERY

Mew paced back and forth in the private suite where Gulf was. The doctor gave him a double dose of Antihistamine. Dr. Anne said that it is good that they take him immediately after he passed out because he might die.

His father was sorry about what happened. The cook explained that they're usually putting shrimp paste and seafood seasoning in every food they are cooking.

Which he didn't know because he rarely came home since he has his own condo. Mew felt bad. How can he be so uncareful? Gulf's life was put at risk for his recklessness.

Gulf slowly opened his eyes, he rubbed his nose, and he realized he is wearing nasal cannula for the oxygen, and an IV fluid on his right hand.

His sight is still blurry, but he saw Mew on his side.

"Baby, Are you okay? How do you feel?" Mew sitted beside him and he fix the nasal cannula on Gulf's nose, he kissed his forehead.

"I'm feeling better now." Gulf's voice was raspy.

"I'll call the doctor to tell her that you wake up.."Mew kissed him again on the forehead.

Gulf look around the room. He obviously in a private room. The things are glamorous looking.

Who would've thought that meeting your boyfriend's father can bring you to the hospital? He shook his head.

Mew came in together with Doc Anne.
She smiled at Gulf.

"You look much better now, the red patches are slowly vanishing." Doctor Anne checked his vitals and everything.

"You can go home tomorrow and continue resting at home Gulf. "

Gulf just nodded.

"Thank you Doctor." Mew said and he sent her out.

Then he came back to sit beside Gulf.
"I already call the girls so they can accompany you here is it okay?"
Mew look at his wrist watch.
"I have a client meeting at 9 this morning." it's already 7am, last night they took Gulf here and Mew didn't leave.

"Yes, of course Dhie. You heard the doctor, i am fine." Gulf answered, he don't want Mew to neglect his work for him.

"I need to go so I can still prepare, this is a big case." he lean down and sniff kiss Gulf on his cheek.

"Take care." Gulf wave at him.

"I love you." Mew said and waved back then he walk to the door.

"I love you!" Gulf answered back.

He reach the book on the side and he start reading while waiting for the girls to come.

***

BAM slammed his palm on Art's desk.
"What the hell did you do?!"

Art just look at him flatly. "What?"

"Quit playing innocent here! I knew what you did!"

"You knew? Then why ask?" Art smirk at him.

"Dad told me what happened, he is so embarrassed, he said he like Gulf so much but this shit happened. I Ask the cook and guess what? They told me everything!" Bam's face was very red in rage.

"Whoah! there!.. Tsk tsk.. What's with that bitch that all of you were charmed and bewitched? I wonder what...Remember Bam that we planned this, remember our agreement. Remember that I hold the Ace of your darkest secret. So don't you dare defy me. In fact, What I did is just a trial, you know, trial and error."
Art stand up from sitting on his swivel chair and he walk beside Bam.

"Why are you so angry anyway? He's not dead. I just put him in the hospital. But next time I will put him in jail, how you like that?" He tapped Bam on his face.

Bam balled his fist.
"Stop playing with anyone!"

"Who says I am playing Bam? Since the day you asked my help regarding your identity, I help you willingly, now It's my turn to ask for your help, and all you did is to defy me. I should be the one to get mad here, not you. Remember that I am keeping your secret Bam."

Bam can't retort back. That's Art's greatest ace on him. His secret..

"Fix yourself, go get some flowers and start walking to the hospital. I don't want you to defy me again, in the first place the two of us planned this and now you are slowly weakening, get out Bam. Mew might see you here."

Bam was unsatisfied. He want to punch Art but his secret will be at risk. He will lose everything.

Still on rage, he walk out, rode his car and buy flowers from a famous flower shop and head straight to the hospital.

He need to see if Gulf is okay.

***

Sheryl and Pamela are talking animatedly with Gulf as they talk about thier duties since Gulf cant work.
Andrea is not around because Tul took her on a date, lucky girl.

"Gulf, I have to tell you something. Do you know someone close friend of Atty. Mew?" Sheryl said. She got a hunch about what happened to Gulf and she is guilty.

"I don't know anyone, Why?" Gulf focus on Sheryl. While Pamela just listen.

"There's this guy who came to the club three days ago, he ask about your favorite food because according to him Atty. Mew will surprise you. I even sarcastically said that I thought Atty. Mew already knew because he always brought your favorite food, then he ask if you have allergies or something. " Sheryl explained.

Gulf look at Sheryl. He balled his fist.

"Then?"

"It's my fault, because I felt that something was off with him but I still answered you are allergic to any seafood like shrimp and prawn."

"Can you describe this guy?" Gulf think he knew but he still need to ask.

"I'm really sorry Nattarine, amm that.. Hmm.." Sheryl put her hand on her jaw. Acting like she is thinking.
"He is a little bit shorter than me, you know Voldemort in the movie Harry Potter? He who must not be named? He somehow resembled him, in a handsome way though." Sheryl bit his nails.

"The fuck?" Gulf exclaimed.

"Duh? I heard manager Pleng call him Atty. Pakpoom." Pamela rolled her eyes to Sheryl.

Gulf balled his fist. He's gritting his teeth.

His life was at risk.
He's now in the hospital because of Art's doing.

"You just declare a war voldie".