chapter 1 *Edited*

*Ashleys POV*

I jerked awake from a rather good dream due to the driver swerving to miss a car and running into a couple potholes instead. I blink and wipe my eyes, trying to get the sleep out of them. Today I was heading back to hazzard county for the first time in 4 years. The only reasom I'm going back is because I was hoping to run into my best friend, Daisy, and her uncle Jesse, who was like my uncle. I was also looking forward to seeing Luke again, even though its been more like 6 years since I've actually had a conversation with the guy, I was curious as to how he turned out from the marines. I haven't seen him since he left and my parents decided to move to the city, which I hated more than boss hogg, and leave all my friends behind.

My parents died in a car crash a couple months ago, along with my baby brother who would've been two last week. It was still a sore subject to me, and knowing boss he would try to use that to once again try to get me to go to work at the Boars nest. He's tried and failed about 50 times but still won't let up. It's like its his dream to ruin my life, just so he can make more money.

Anyways, back to the Dukes. There's one in particular that I have purposely left for last. Bo Duke. It's not because I have a thing for him or anything, but because he ain't really the sharpest tool in the shed, if you know what I mean.

My thoughts are cut short by the driver announcing that we would be arriving in hazzard in 10 minutes. I quickly stood up to grab my two bags out of the storage area, as did many other people, and set them in the vacant seat to my left. I propped open the smaller of the two, taking out my music book. I reached under the seat and grabbed the handle of my guitar case, pulling it out and onto the seat, propping it on the bigger of the two suitcases. 

After checking to make sure it was closed securely, I turn back and open my music book, quickly reading through the lyrics on the first page, titled 'stay with me'. (A/N the original song, stay with me is by Sam smith. I do not in any way own or claim to own that song.)

After reading all the words, and wiping away a stray tear, I closed the book and placed it back in the suitcase, zipping it closed. We pulled up to the bus station, and I grabbed my two bags and my guitar case, following everyone else off, seeing as I was sitting in the back. I made my way to the front and slowly walked down the stairs, tightening my grip on my bags and guitar. Once off, I turned and thanked the driver who simply nodded before closing the door and driving off, which I thought was a little rude, but choose to ignore it.

I looked left and right, spotting a sign that read 'Cooters garage'. I practically ran toward the garage, running as fast as my feet would carry me. Cooter was an old friend from way back. I used to have a thing for him, but that vanished, when I realized I had developed feelings for Luke.

I set my bags down near the door and crept up to it, choosing to knock lightly on the door, instead of pushing it open and scaring the poor guy. It turns out I made a good choice, because he was bent over the hood of a bright Orange car, and seemed to be tweaking a few things. When I knocked he looked up and I walked in, my lips pulling up into a smile. He stared at me for a moment, then realization set in, and he smiled so wide I worried it would break his lips.

"Ashley!" He exclaimed, turning away from the car and wrapping his muscular arms around my petite frame.

I laughed at his excitement. "Hey Cooter."

He pulled back, giving me a once over, possibly trying to take in all my features, his deep brown eyes landing on mine. "You look great."

"Thanks Cooter," I say, then reach forward and wipe a bit of grease of off his cheek. "You know you look pretty good covered in grease."

He grinned. "Thanks little red."

"You've been calling me that for years," I say, turning my attention back to the car infront of him. "Wow...that's very....Orange."

"Yeah," Cooter says, scratching the back of his neck. "That's the only color I had, when Bo and Luke brought him in."

My heart raced at the sound of their names. "Bo and Luke?"

He nods. "Yeah, I told them general would be ready by 5:00 today."

I looked around for a clock. "It's five o'clock now."

Just as the words are out of my mouth, a car pulls up, and by the sound of it, four people file out. Cooter quickly closes the hood of the car, and throws his rag over to the side. The double doors are opened and in walks my best friend, Daisy, her Uncle Jesse and her two cousins, Bo and Luke. They walk in and Bo and Luke instantly head straight for their car, while Uncle Jesse and Daisy walk over to Cooter and myself.

"How ya doing Cooter?" Daisy asks him, then her eyes land on me. "Who's your friend?"

At her words, Bo and Luke turn to face us, eyebrows raised.

"Uh, this is Ashley," Cooter says, in respondes to Daisys question.

"Ashley?" Daisy asks, stepping closer to get a better look at me. Realization hits and she grins broadly, exclaimimg "ASHLEY!" then throwing her arms around me in a hug.

"Uuff," I groan, from being caught off guard.

"Sorry," she says pulling back, and holding me at arms length. "But I haven't seen you in 4 years."

"Oh really?" I ask, sarcastically, "has it really been 4 years?"

She rolls her eyes, lightly punching my shoulder. "Stop being a smart alick."

I grin. "Sorry, I couldn't resist."

She smiles and the guys walk over. Bo pushes Daisy aside before lunging at me, nearly knocking all the air out of my lungs. I, however, don't care. His arms snake around me and I hug him back, feeling his muscles on his shoulders relax at my touch. My heart races at bit, I mean the guy has gotten incredibly attractive since I've last seen him, not that he's ever been ugly but damn.

I pull back, lightly pushing him away from me. "You are worse than a girl when it comes to greeting her friends."

He juts his lip put in a pout. "But I missed you."

I sigh. "I know. I've missed you too."

"Aww," Daisy says, nudging me. "Does someone have a crush?"

"As a matter of fact I do," I say, then turn to Cooter, who was standing behind me, and wink at him. I lunge at him and hug him tightly, whispering, "just go with it."

He chuckles softly, whispering, "alright."

I pull away and turn back to Daisy, taking Cooters hand in my own. The glint in Daisys eye tells me she knows what I'm doing, and decides to go along with it as always.

"So you and Cooter eh?" She questions, winking.

I feel my cheeks flush. Great timing. "Maybe."

To my surprise, out of the corner of my eyes, both Bo's and Lukes faces twisted into scowls. I frown, but quickly get back into character so as to not blow my cover. Confusion tugs at the pit of my stomach, why were Bo and Luke scowling?

A/N
Well there's chapter one. Sorry it kind sucks. But there shall be a chapter two up sometime tomorrow. :) maybe that one will be better.