Chapter 9

"I'm sorry about that," Luke says, turning back to face me.

"It's ok," I say, turning away from his watchful eye. "I knew I never should have come back."

"What?" He asks, standing in front of me, gently grabbing my shoulders and lifting my chin, forcing me to look him in the eye. "Ash, don't let Bo get to you. It's not your fault. He's been like this for a while now. I know its not going to be easy, but just ignore him."

"Luke," I groan, pushing him away from me. "I can't just ignore him. He's one of my best friends, or at least he was, I don't know if he still is."

Luke sighs, dropping his arms. "Let's worry about this in the morning. I have a feeling he locked me out, so I'll just sleep on the couch."

"Has he locked you out before?" I question, raising an eyebrow.

He nods. "Yeah, this isn't the first time he's been jealous. Well goodnight." He turns and walks into the living room.

I watch him while he grabs a blanket off the back of the couch, then lies down, without a pillow, and covers himself with the blanket. I frown, then walk back into Daisys room, and grab one of the two pillows off my bed. Sure I'll be uncomfortable but at least Luke won't have to sleep without one. I turn and exit the room, down the hall to the living room, then over to the couch. Lukes eyes were closed like he was sleeping, but his breathing told me other wise.

"Luke?" I whisper, shaking him slightly.

"Hmm?" He groans, opening an eye to look up at me.

"I brought you a pillow, thought you might need it," I whisper, holding out the pillow.

His lips pull on one side into a half smile. "Thanks Ash." He reaches out to take the pillow but I pull it out of his reach. Instead, I lift his head and slide the pillow under him, gently laying his head back on it. He chuckles and I smile. I get up to leave, but he grabs my hand, pulling me back, with soo much force, that I fell on him. Literally, my stomach was pressed up against his, and our faces were centimeters apart.

"Umm," I start, not knowing what to say, or do.

He smiled. "Sorry, I didn't realize you were so light." I guess my face must have flushed because he added. "Light as a feather."

Now my face was on fire, or at least it felt like it was on fire. I mean, how many times does a guy, that happens to be like uberly attractive.....ok a guy that happens to be hot, tell you that your light as a feather, as you lay on him because he pulled you back with too much force and you tripped over the side of the couch. Let's just say, for me, it doesn't happen that often, and when it does, well my face is like a thousand degrees so that should tell ya something.

The next thing I know, Luke is propping himself up on the couch, to the point where our lips touch once again. Instead of pulling away, I push forward, making Luke lose his balance and fall back on the couch, back to his laying position, and drag me right along with him.

I gasp and immediatly jump up off the couch, pulling away from him first so I don't cause him to bleed or anything. I'm about to head to bed, but the look on his face makes me stay. I sigh and sit down on the edge of the couch, where his stomach is, since there's more room there.  

He reaches forward, lightly touching my cheek, smiling up at me. I can't help but smile back. I don't know what it is, but just seeing him smile makes me happy. Although I wasn't exactly expecting Bo's reaction when we got back. What's gotten into that boy? I know Luke said that he's been like this for a while, but I'm not sure that's entirely true. Uncle Jesse and Daisy both seemed shocked when Bo kept glaring at Luke when we got back. Something tells me, Bo's behaving this way because of me, and I don't like it.

Luke suddenly stops stroking my cheek, his face changing to concern. "What's wrong?"

"Huh?" I ask, startled at him interrupting my thoughts.

He sits up, his eyebrows creasing together. "Something bothering you?"

"What? Oh nothing, no I'm fine. Just tired I guess," I answer, perhaps a little too quickly.

His face never changes. "Ashley, don't lie to me. What's wrong?"

I sigh. "Alright, if you must know, its Bo."

************************************

A/N
Ooooooohhhhhhh suspense. How will Luke react from this?
Oh Ashley, always concerning about Bo *wink wink*
Ok no, she doesnt like him, at least she doesn't think so. Ahh keep reading before I spoil something.
Please comment and vote. Feed back would be lovely. :)