Chapter 14

'Wow that was maximum rage,' I thought while laying on my bed in Daisys room.

Uncle Jesse wanted to talk to Bo and Luke alone, after Bo got done with his shower, and Daisy had to work so I was left as the odd on out. She still hasn't told me where she works. Everytime I ask, her face flushed and she just pretends like she never heard the question. Which I find oddly suspicious, but choose to drop the subject anyways. I will find out where she works sometime or rather, she can't keep it from me for too long. Maybe she knows this, but still just doesn't want me to know, or maybe its something I said about somewhere and she's just too embarrassed to....

"The Boars Nests!," I practically shout.

Thats gotta be it. That's the only place I've mentioned since I got here, that I would never work at in a million years. I'm sure Daisy has her reasons. Uncle Jesse wouldn't want her working there either so either he doesn't know, or she's working there as a favor to him.

Uncle Jesse's voice interrupts my thoughts, being that its louder than normal. "WELL FIGURE IT OUT BECAUSE THE REST OF US ARE GETTING SICK OF THE TWO OF YOU AT EACH OTHERS THROATS ALL THE TIME!"

I jump at the sound level, sighing sadly when what he says sinks in. I sit on the bed for a couple minutes, just looking mindlessly around the room, until my eyes land on my suitcases. My first thought is to just re-pack them and leave, until my eye catches something sparkling and I turn my gaze to my guitar case. The lid is propped open, revealing a sleek black handle leading down to a red and black guitar. 

I jump up off the bed, running over to it, carefully lifting my baby out of the case. I hold it firmly by the handle, and grab my song book that was underneath it, then turn and walk back over to the bed.

I sit down, propping the book open to the song I was reading on the bus, and place my guitar on my lap, placing my fingers on the beginning cord, strumming lightly.

'Well that's out of tone,' I thought, then proceeded to tone it.

Once I had every cord on the right note, I tried the beginning cord of the song again, this time smiling when it sounded right.

'That's better.'

I then played through the song, softly singing the words, completely unaware that the yelling in the kitchen had stopped. When I finished, and wiped a few stray tears away, I turned to a different song, and was about to play, when a gentle knock on the door interrupted my thoughts.

"Who is it?" I ask.

"Bo," he replied, but so did Luke and uncle Jesse.

"Well if its all y'all, come on in!" I said, giggling.

The laughed and Bo opened the door, revealing him, Luke and uncle Jesse, the later of which had tears in his eyes. I don't know about yall but when someone you love is crying, more so because of what you were singing, an odd lump forms in the back of your throat. A painful lump, I might add.

He was smiling so I'm not sure whether he was sad, or happy. It was hard to tell, the man was smiling, yet there were tears rolling down his cheeks. Bo didn't look much better. Well the cuts in his face were part of the problem, but he too had tears in his eyes. Aww bosykins does have a heart. 

I turned my attention to Luke, who wasn't crying but he looked damn near close to it. The corner of his lips were turned down and he looked deep in thought over something. My own eyes started to water again. I can't help it, seeing three grown men, either on the verge of tears or actually crying, its rather difficult not to cry.

"Uh..." I manage, my voice cracking a bit due to the unwelcome lump in my throat.

"That...was...beautiful," uncle Jesse says, his voice was cracking as well, which caused my cheeks to flush.

'Great now I've made him get a lump too, lovely.' I thought, as Bo made a strange sound.

We all turn to him, as his cheeks flush a dark red.

"I'M HOME!!!" Daisys voice echoed through the house.

"Well you're home early," Uncle Jesse says, turning sideways to look at her.

"Yeah, Boss decided he didn't need me working today so he sent me home," she said, then her eyes landed on mine, and widened.

I only shrug, pretending I don't hear her. I place my fingers on random strings of my guitar and strum a couple times. I frown at the off key sound, then laugh at the looks on bo and Lukes faces, to which I'm assuming they play some guitar.

"Well that was...." Bo begins, not able to find the correct word.

"Off key," Luke finishes. 

I giggle. "I know, I was going to play another song, before I was interrupted."

"What song?" Daisy asks, pushing past the guys and into her room.

"Uhmmm," I say, my cheeks flushing. "It...uh...its called..."

"Is it an original?" Daisy asks.

I nod. "Yeah, but it doesn't have a title yet, and I'm working on the second verse so..."

"Play it," Daisy says. "And make something up when you get to the second verse."

"Uh...ok," I say, turning the pages in my book to page 15 and playing the opening cords to the song. (A/N the song is 'Through the Ghost' by shinedown, which I do not own, nor do I claim to own it, but for the sake of this book, I may use a few more songs by shinedown.)

As Daisy said, I made up the second verse and it didn't sound as good as I wanted it too, so I pulled the pencil out of the binding on the notebook, and quickly jot down something else, then finished the song, smiling at the completion.

"Ok, let me try something else," I say, playing it again. (A/N and since I'm on my phone I'm afraid I won't be able to actually right the lyrics out, but I will try to attach a lyric video for it:) )

I look up at everyone, who was staring at me in shock. My smile faulters a bit, as I begin feeling a bit uneasy. Daisy seems to be the first to compose herself.

"H...how did you do that?"

"Do what?" I ask, confused. "I've been writing music for the past 3 years, so everything seems to come to me.