Chapter 23

As I'm searching the fridge for something to make, Daisy comes walking into the kitchen, just as bubbly as ever. She gives me a quick hug from behind, then grabs the milk out of the fridge and turns to pour herself a glass, spotting Ben and James, the later of which was still passed out in one of the chairs.

She raises an eyebrow, turning back to me. "Who...what...how...why..."

"When?" I finish, giving her an amused look, to which she gave me a mix between amusement and annoyance. "Who, they're names are Ben and James. What, they came in Enos' car last night. How, they more than likely stole it. When, sometime around midnight."

"Hey," Ben yells from the other room. At first I'm under the assumption that hes yelling at me for telling Daisy what happened. "You there, curly, who are you and what are you doing here?"

Daisy turns to him, placing her hands on her hips, and scowling at him. "I am Daisy duke. I live here. You on the other hand have no right being in my house uninvited, so I suggest you leave, what is it?" She says, direction her question to me, for I was tapping her shoulder.

"He's got a gun," I say, then turn and grab the egg carton out of the fridge. It feels a little too light to have anything in it. So, I set it down on the table, and open it up. Sure enough, its empty.

'Great, now what am I going to make?' I think, slamming my fist down on the table in irritation.

Daisy puts a bowl of some kind of mix in front of me. I pick it up and examine it.

"What on earth is this?" I ask, lifting it up and tilting it back.

She opens her mouth to answer, but is interrupted by uncle Jesse bursting into the kitchen.

"What in the name of blue blazes is going on in here!?" He demands. "Yall are making soo much racket you could wake the dead."

Before daisy and I could answer, Ben directs a question to uncle Jesse.

"Old man, who are you?"

Uncle Jesse whips around to face him, despite Ben having a gun, uncle Jesse still marches over to him, pushing his arm down, causing it to to off by his feet.

"How dare you barge into my household and demand anything from me," he growls. "Now I suggest you and sleeping beauty over here, get out of my house, before the law gets involved."

"I think its a bit to late for that uncle shepard," Luke says, smiling from the couch. "Sounds to me like Roscos on his way."

I strain my ears and sure enough, sirens could be heard in the distance, and they're getting closer.

A/N
Sorry its short. I'm gonna try to post 2 or 3 nice long chapters tomorrow.