◖ 17 ◗

𝐌𝐀𝐘  ❷ ⓿ ❷ ❷

𝐌𝐀𝐘  ❷ ⓿ ❷ ❷

Troy right leg shook nervously, staring at the menu and sitting in the booth of Roscoe Chicken & Waffles, awaiting on the arrival of his mother. He had been placed there for nearly an hour and every time the bell chimed from someone entering the restaurant, he assumed it was his mother. But it never was her, which had him starting to regret even showing up.

Troy exhaled sharply, circling the straw around in his Strawberry Lemonade just as a waitress appeared beside the table. "Do you wanna go ahead and order, sweetheart?"

"Yea', uh... no need in starvin'," he eyed the menu. "Just bring me numba' seventeen; that Chicken burger wit french fries as the side."

"Got it. Anything for the guest?" the waitress asked.

"Na'." he gave her the menu and she walked away.

It was a full hour that Troy had been waiting on his mother and he was already half done with his chicken burger and fries. He could feel the anger and disappointment was settling in, forcing him to lose his appetite. He tossed his half-eaten burger on the plate with the ketchup french fries.

The waitress start to walk by and he stopped. "Scuse me, can you bring me the check?"

"Right away, honey."

Shaking his head, Troy lifted his hips upward to grab his MCM brown wallet to pull out the money to pay for the meal. He started to pull out a bill when he smelled perfume. "Troy?"

His chocolate eyes fell upon a beauty with suede, chestnut brown skin and jumbo box braids falling passed her shoulders. Her oval-shaped face was complimented with arched eyebrows shadowing her almond eyes, a button nose and full, thick lips. She had triangle, bamboo earrings in her earlobes and a Panamanian beaded collar around her neck. She had on a fitted, Cashmere camel colored turtleneck tucked in high waisted trousers and tall leather riding boots.

He may have been only four years old the last he seen her, but he remembered her voice; her eyes. It was his mother, Afro-Panamanian, Kimberly Collins. Troy was wordless for the moment and she spoke. "I know it's you. I'll... never forget what you look like."

Troy raised upright, as she slid into the seat across from him. She placed her purse on the table that he quickly recognized it as a thousand dollar YSL purse. "Nice purse. Musta been real expensive."