◖ 23 ◗

𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐄  ❷ ⓿ ❷ ❷

𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐄 ❷ ⓿ ❷ ❷

"So..." Landon started, as he stood in the doorway and watching Anicia pull her large logo-print canvas suitcase Michael Kors off the king-sized bed and placed the rotating wheels on the hardwood floor. "Who you going on this unexpected weekend trip with?"

Anicia pushed tresses of hair behind her ear as she looked at her boyfriend. "I told you a friend of mine."

Creases formed between his eyebrows as they knitted. "You don't have friends on this side of the coast."

"She's a new friend," She responded as she grabbed the handle of her medium Michael Kors travel satchel and walked with it to the bathroom by Landon. "I went to her baby shower last month and she's just wanting to relax and get away for the weekend."

Her quick lie was believable enough for him to nod and watch her pack her necessities into the travel satchel. "Where are y'all going?"

"Not too far." Anicia replied simply, zipping the satchel and strolling back into the room with it. "You must gonna miss me?"

"You know I am," he hugged around her waist from the behind as she slid her feet into the Sophia Webster mules. "You have to go?"

Anicia chuckled quietly. "Yes, I need some women time."

"So hang with your sisters."

"Other than with my sister's." Anicia moved out of his hold and grabbed her small Valentino tote bag, "Carry these down for me?"

Carrying her suitcase and travel satchel, he followed behind her down to the bottom level and out the front door to her Audi. She popped the trunk with her key-fob and as he placed her bags in there, Anicia settled in the front seat and removed the tote bag strap from her shoulder and sat her bag on top of the Tom Ford trainers.

The trunk shut and Landon crouched down beside the driver door. "I'm gone miss you."

She smiled as she leaned closer and kissed him. "I'll be back Sunday."

Landon kissed her once more. "Drive safe." he shut the door for her as she started the ignition and drove away from her Sherman Oaks home.