◖ 25 ◗

𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐄  ❷ ⓿ ❷ ❷

𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐄  ❷ ⓿ ❷ ❷

               The full view from the upper sun-desk was breathtaking for Anicia. She's always had a fear of large amounts of water—swimming pools, oceans—due to nearly drowning when she was six years old. She would only go as far as putting her feet in pool water or relax back on the lounge chairs and look cute in her bikini.

               After thirty-two years, her ex-boyfriend and first love managed to help her put her lifelong fear aside to be on catamaran sailboat in the middle of the ocean and witness her favorite animal up close and personal. She captured so many photos; even kind of different animals—dolphins, sea-lions, and seals.

               The cool breeze blowed on her body as she crossed one leg over the other, staring out at the nutrient-rich water through oval shaded lenses of her Gucci oversized sunglasses. She listened to the peaceful sound of the sea animals and the crashing of the waves.

               Her phone ringing broke her peace. She pulled the device out of her Gucci belt bag and her boyfriend's contact  and photo flashed on her screen. She looked around before answering and bracing the phone to her ear. "Hey. Sorry I didn't call when I woke up."

               "It's alright," his deep voice responded in her ear. "You enjoying yourself?"

               "Very..." She meant it in more than one reason. She felt free, and enjoyed being away from the ones who likes seeing boxed in and being who they wanted her to be.

               "That's good." he said hearing her background, "What's that noise?"

               "I'm on a catamaran."

               "A catamaran?" he repeated, realizing she was on the ocean and chuckled mildly. "You hate the water baby. How she manage to get you to do that?"

               Anicia forced a chuckle and lied, "A lot of convincing."

               "Well I can't wait til you get home. I miss you like crazy.

               "Yeah, miss you, too." she responded without any real emotion behind it, "I'll be there tomorrow."

               "I know. I need to hurry up."

               She overheard footsteps approaching. "Yeah, babe I have to go. There's some animals I want to take pictures of. I'll show you them once I get home."