◖ 37 ◗

𝐉𝐔𝐋𝐘   ❷ ⓿ ❷ ❷

𝐉𝐔𝐋𝐘   ❷ ⓿ ❷ ❷

ANICIA BLEW OUT AIR, CLOSING the laptop after the video call with Grande and her team. She leaned back on the leather couch of the hotel she has been staying in. She had on the cropped tank top and shorts, reaching for her phone beside her. She checked the notifications and there was no missed calls or texts from no one in her family—she expected something from at least her father or sister's, but nothing.

It was a holiday and she was there alone. She felt alone. Yes, she knew she disrespected her mother by finally telling the truth. She expected the treatment from her mother since Grace didn't love people standing up to her. But what she didn't expect is her father and sister's not even taking the time to invite her to celebrate the holiday.

All her holiday consisted of is glasses of Peter Grigio and surfing for houses on Zillow to move out of the cramped hotel and have space. She moved the laptop from her on top of her lap, grasping the empty wine glass, and walked to the kitchenette pouring herself another glass of wine.

Anicia sipped on the wine, wishing Lotus would call her to talk again, but she wasn't going to pressure her because it all takes time. She checked the clock on the wall and it confirmed for her that the ex-boyfriend was at the 4th of July event her father's company throws. So she grabbed her keys, slipped on her Chanel sneakers, and left the room to drive to the home in Sherman Oaks and pack the rest of her stuff.

The house was silent when she walked in. She exhaled sharply as she leaned back on the closed door, looking around the bottom level on the house. It furnished nicely as she shook her head. "What a fucking waste."

Anicia got the extra cardboard boxes from the storage closet and jogged upstairs to the walk-in closet in the master suite. She start packing everything; box by box all of her clothes and heels, sending them down the elevator of the house. Once she finished upstairs, she walked downstairs and start pulling the boxes off the elevator when the front door pushed open.

Her long ponytail whipped to the opposite side that her head turned. She watched the black leather Chelsea boots enter the house belonging to Landon. Hearing the noise nearby, he turned his head finding Anicia in the process of looking away from him and tugging the box from the elevator. Scoffing lowly, he tossed his keys in his hand and shutting the door behind himself.

"Waited til I wasn't here..." he voiced, sitting on the nearby chair.

"To avoid this," she referred to a conversation between the two after pulling out the rest of the boxes. "I'm just packing the rest of my stuff and I'll be gone. Why aren't you at the event?"