◖ 24 ◗

𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐄  ❷ ⓿ ❷ ❷

𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐄  ❷ ⓿ ❷ ❷

Behind him, the patio door closed and a soft chuckle released between his full, thick lips, with the vibration of his phone buzzing on the round patio table. He leaned forward, grasping the Apple device and eyed the screen; Big Twin would like to FaceTime... flashed across his screen.

Pressing the green button, accepting the video call, it connected within seconds and it was dark on his screen with light shining on Tyson's end. "What up wit it, Pop?"

"Sup. Why it's dark on your end?"

"I'm outside wit no light on; ian' got time fa' no bugs to be flyin' around." Toby responded and asked, "How everything goin' there? You niggas on y'all best behavior wit my Momma?"

"Shit, wit G-ma, who wouldn't?" the father and son shared a laugh, "But na' we all good here. She get along real good wit Lotus. It's crazy 'cause she fitting right in wit us."

"Oh foreal? That's good." Toby pulled on his beard lightly, "You must like her or som'?"

"I mean, she a beautiful girl and I thought about taking it there; but our connection ain't go that way. It's more, brother-sister. You know how you can have that connection with a female and it not being sexual?"

"Yea' that can happen."

"Plus, I kinda looked in her sketchbook earlier."

Toby chuckled. "Boy, why you look through ha' shit?"

"I ain't mean to, Pop, foreal." Tyson snickered mildly, "It was just right there and I can't help her drawing intrigue me; I wanted to see more. She talented as hell man. Just as talented as you when you used to draw. She mostly got drawings of these two women, though. One look around me and her age and the other woman look like your friend, Anicia, you introduced me to."

Toby's knitted instantly. "You sure it was Anicia?"

"Yeah, the drawing look exact like her. They know each other?"

"She work for her Pop company so I'm assumin'." Toby shrugged, "That's just li'l mama tho'. She draw sketches of everybody and everything in ha' line of vision."

"Right, right." Tyson groaned, stretching his body. "I just wanted to check on you."

"Preciate. How Guppie doin'?" he asked, referring to Hendrick.