◖ 38 ◗

𝐉𝐔𝐋𝐘   ❷ ⓿ ❷ ❷

𝐉𝐔𝐋𝐘 ❷ ⓿ ❷ ❷

SOMETHING HIT HIS FACE WHICH woke him instantly. Toby raised the small foot by the ankle that belonged to Avant. He pushed it beside him as he turned to lay on his side and nearly fell off the mattress being near the edge. Sighing heavily, he stood from the bed and stared back at the king size bed with De scooted to the middle which pushed Avant over in Toby's space. He shook his head, slipping his feet into the Balenciaga logo slides, and walked the bathroom.

Once he relieved himself, he brushed his teeth before he left his bedroom. He yawned loudly, footing down the hallway and checking on each of his son's who still slept at five in the morning and the only one missing, again, was Troy. He had been leaving without telling anybody lately and for the first few days Toby wasn't concerned about it. But when it's been happening for a week his concern was starting to rise.

Toby noticed a light on near the front door which was the family room. He walked in that direction and found Lotus sleeping on the covered floor in front of the wall with the unfinished mural. He walked over, pulling out the pullout bed in the couch before he raised her in his arms bridal style. Lotus released a breath from her nose and relaxed as he carried her to the bed and laid her down. He covered her body with the blanket before shutting off the light and walked to living room on the couch.

Toby reached his arm over, opening the blinds of the large window facing the front of the house to see whenever Troy pulled up. When he grabbed his phone, he pressed the contact, and let it ring on his ear. Nearly twenty minutes away, the hand reached from underneath the cover and searched around for her buzzing phone on the nightstand. She finally found it and squinted her eyes due to the brightness shining in her orbs.

She was taken aback at his contact flashing across her screen. It resulted in her to raise upright quickly, pulling the cover off the person next to her. She cleared her throat and answered the phone. "H-hey..."

"She beautiful. ." his rich, baritone voice spoke in her ear.

"She?" she reiterated, tossing her feet off the bed. "Are you talking—"

"Bout Lotus, yea'." he leaned back into the cushion, "Ian' realize how much she had my eyes til actually knowin' she was my daughter."

Anicia turned on the lamp, plopping down on the couch. "She does. . She has your eyes."

The line fell silent. It was a moment before Toby spoke. "She my fuckin' daughter."