◖ 42 ◗

𝐉𝐔𝐋𝐘   ❷ ⓿ ❷ ❷

𝐉𝐔𝐋𝐘   ❷ ⓿ ❷ ❷

"I MET A GREAT GUY TONIGHT..." She rushed by him as soon as he opened his front door on the Tuesday night. She faced him on the heels of her Bottega Venetta sandals that she paired with a army-green Alex Perry Ambrose crepe midi dress that hugged her curves. In her right hand, she held the metallic water-snake clutch. "Forty-two; married once; two children; a Dentist with his own practice—One successful Black man."

Toby closed the front door. "That's good?"

"It's very good," Ishanti eyes watered.

Furrowing his brows, he watched her intently. "So, why you misty eyed?"

"Because I'm in love with you, Toby!" She expressed passionately, as the tears released from her eyes. "Out of all the dates I went on, there was finally a great man in front of me and all I could think about was you. I wanted to be sitting across from you and discussing the fact I want marriage, a family, and taking my career to the next level, with you. Not on some date. I want you."

Toby releases a breath as he stepped directly in front of her. "Whatchu tryna tell me?"

Ishanti wiped under her eyes. "That I can't do this no more," She broached. "I can't keep dating other people or sticking around with you having sex with other women. I love you, I want to be with you, and I can't downplay it anymore. I want a husband—one that only wants me. I enjoy being around your son's. I enjoy being around your family. But I can't get hurt in the process. I want you to figure out what you need to do. I can't hide my feelings anymore."

Grabbing both sides of her face, kissing her forehead, nose, and lastly he pressed a long kiss on her lips. She exhaled shakily, recuperating, as she held both of his wrists. .

"Toby," she whispered as she pulled away. She shut her eyes for a second before staring him the eye. "You have to figure out if you want to be with me—marriage, kids. Not just this."

Toby nodded keeping a hold around her waist. "So you want me to leave you alone?"

Sighing softly, she stepped forward to him and caressed his beard as she stared him in the eye. "I know that I want you. But it's time for me to step back, and actually let you see if you actually want me. If you don't, then I know to move on."