◖ 19 ◗

𝐌𝐀𝐘  ❷ ⓿ ❷ ❷

𝐌𝐀𝐘  ❷ ⓿ ❷ ❷

Anicia sat at the sleek black kitchen island, munching on the Eggs Florentine and side of hash browns whipped by her and the half full glass of orange juice. Her hair was up in a bun and she still wore her silver satin two-piece pajama set. She bent her wrist, cutting a piece of her breakfast and putting the smallish bit of it in her mouth as footsteps approached.

The Saint Laurent light brown Eddie Chelsea Boots belonging to Landon who had on business casual attire. "Good morning baby," he kissed her temple and walked around the island. "Eggs Florentine huh?"

"And hash browns," she added, watching him pour coffee into his stainless steel cup. "Are you gonna be able to make it to the surprise party for Charles tonight?"

"That's tonight?" he sighed, closing the clear lid.

"Don't tell me you forgot?"

"Sorry baby."

"I've been every morning about my sister's husband finally coming home every morning and you still forgot." She shook her head, eating more of her food.

"I'm sorry. I been real busy getting ready for this festival with our new partners and it's been clouding my mind. I can just kick it with Charles tomorrow." he raised his cup to his lips, sipping on the hot coffee.

Anicia swallowed the food ate. "How long will you be there?"

"I don't know. I'll do my best to come in sooner." he packed his breakfast to go, "When are you helping out at your parents?"

"I'm going over to help set up right after I eat."

Landon nodded softly, standing beside his woman with his cup, keys, and breakfast in the clear container. "I'm sorry about tonight. I'll see you when I get home?"

Anicia just smiled small and accepted the kiss he planted on her lips before he left. She ate the rest of her breakfast alone and afterwards got dressed for the day and traveling to parents house to help setup for the surprise, welcome home party for her brother in-law, Charles.

"Mom, Dad!?" Anicia hollered, walking into the foyer of the enormous compound, with paid workers there to transform the grand room into the partying space. She start to mentally question why she was there if people were already there handling that.