◖ 27 ◗

𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐄  ❷ ⓿ ❷ ❷

𝐉𝐔𝐍𝐄 ❷ ⓿ ❷ ❷

               It was the end of the peaceful weekend and Anicia was dreading on leaving. She wanted it to last an eternity, but realized it wasn't the reality of neither one of their situations. Her suitcase was already pecked and awaiting her at the doorway.

               She was going to miss the oceanfront view and hearing the crash of the waves and breeze blow on her at night. She was even going to yearn for the late-night talks with Toby and the feel of his body heat on hers mostly.

               Anicia stood outside on the furnished patio staring out at the rolling waves of the Pacific Ocean while wearing a gray Moschino knitted hoodie dress hat stopped in the middle of her thighs and slip-on Louboutin Red Sole runner sneakers. She was hugging herself, inhaling the fresh air until strong arms wrapped on top of hers and a kiss planted on her neck making her smile.

               "Whatchu thinkin' bout?" his rich, baritone asked by her ear.

               "Not wanting to leave," she leaned her head back against him. "I got to be myself here. Now I have to go back and Beverly Hills it up to please everyone else."

               "Listen..." he turned her around to face him, "You don't have to please nobody but you. Be who you have been hea' wimme. 'Cause you spendin' all y'all time pleasin' everybody else; how you kno' who you really are?"

               "I'm this." Anicia moved to herself, "Clothes like this, the sneakers, my hair actually being in it's natural state, or not having to wear until makeup every single day, and writing music. Living this imagine of what my mother wants me and my sister's to be."

               "You ain't yo' moms or yo' sister's." he stated, "You you—Anicia Galea Porter. Yo' moms can raise you and groom you into what ha' moms done fa' her but you yo' own person. You gotta be who the fuck you are or I promise you not ever gon' be happy. Wear sneakers if you want to. Fuck da' makeup if you don't wanna wear it. If you wanna wear yo' natural texture do that shit. You a black fucking Queen. Don't let nobody hinder you from embracin' that."

               Anicia smiled softly. "Right. You're so right. I just...pray it's that easy."

               "Nothin' is neva' easy, baby. It's gon' take a process but don't let it stop you."

               She pecked his lips repeatedly, each time lasting longer and resting her forehead against his. "Ugh! I do not wanna go."