◖ 46 ◗

𝐒𝐄𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑   ❷ ⓿ ❷ ❷

𝐒𝐄𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐌𝐁𝐄𝐑 ❷ ⓿ ❷ ❷

Opening the backdoor of his Silverado dressed in a Off-White Cut Here Arrows T-shirt, dark denim G-Star jeans, and Off-White Odsy Mix-Media Sneakers, he unfastened his niece from the carseat and picked her up. With the one year old being drowsy, she rested her head on his shoulder, as he closed the door and approached his mother's house, walking straight in to the scent of food wafting in the air.

Toby found his mother alone in the kitchen, standing at the stove. "Why yo' door unlocked?" he asked, which gained her to glance over her shoulder, "We from da' hood. We don't leave doors unlocked."

"Is that my beautiful See-See?" Ruth smiled widely as she approached, grabbing Seona from him. "You spending time with Uncle Toby today?"

"Yup, she been wit me and da' boys since last night." Toby informed, raising the lid on the large, deep skillet to see what smelled so good. "Mm, gumbo. This done?"

"Almost," Ruth said. "You been babysitting?"

"Voluntarily. I just popped by there and took ha' wit me. She finally let Lolo hold her."

Ruth's eyebrows raised as she chuckled. "And how did that happen? You know babygirl here can be a mean booty sometimes."

"Oh she was mean then a mufucka." Toby laughed, "She kept pushin' Lolo head away when she tried to talk to her and when she touch her she snatch away hard as hell."

"Oh my God!" Ruth snickered, rubbing the one year old's back as she sleeps on her shoulder, "When did she loosen up?"

"When Lolo let her watch Cocomelon on her phone. She fell asleep on her and everything. But then when she woke up she gon' hurry up off her lap and go to Troy."

Ruth let out a chuckle as she shook her head. "Honey yes, she mean. She'll loosen up. She'll just have to be around Lotus more."

"Yea' that's what I told Lo."

"How is Anicia doing with her pregnancy? She accepting it better?"

"Oh yea', way better." Toby apprised. "She been spending mo' time wit Lo and takin' ha' break from songwriting to focus on the kids, us."